HELP i feel air pressure coming out from top of valve cover?

erixpulsar

so i just got a 94 accord lx sedan. i randomly just took off the oil filling cap. (the one you twist off to put the oil in) while the car's on, and i feel air pressure coming out. is that normal? or do i have some kind of gasket or ring problem?

haven't come across that before.

i am no expert, but can i just ask why u would do that? are you stupid? lets remove a cover to a pressurized system that has hot liquids in it. next time try the radiator k?

i am no expert, but can i just ask why u would do that? are you stupid? lets remove a cover to a pressurized system that has hot liquids in it. next time try the radiator k?

i'm not an expert either, but i have had other cars. on my 90 DSM i've done that to see if the lifters and cam is lubricated sufficiently. and no pressure like that.

dont be a jacka$$.....next time try helping out a guy.

oh and i guess i dont know what happens when u take off the cover from the radiator...would u mind showing me?

harmless i bet

and this coming from a guy who drives a jeep.

look, xero is an ass, we all know that and have come to love em for it. but being a weiner to one of the regulars isnt a very quick way at getting your questions answered.

dont ever take a cover off of a pressurized system, im sure it even talks about it in your owners manual. if it didnt have pressure, then i would be worried.

Out of stupidity I once took the oil fill cap off on my 4.0 jeep (same are xeros I think). Yea, it wasn't pretty. I wouldn't take any covers off of a running vehicle if I were you. Internal pressure in the engine seems very likely to me. Lots of moving parts would cause lots of air movement too.

for one thing , its not a pressureized system , not air tight anyways. for another , it will not hurt a thing , except your clothes when little driplets hit ya , lol. i dont recommend sticking your fingers in the hole though , lol.

so when did i take the cap off of my oil/radiator on my jeep? and what is wrong with jeeps? and if you stuck around here long enough u would notice i am always helpen ppl. i help noobs all the time. i got some regs pissed at me for defending noobs when i first joined HF. So Just feel lucky u caught me on a bad day.

so when did i take the cap off of my oil/radiator on my jeep? and what is wrong with jeeps? and if you stuck around here long enough u would notice i am always helpen ppl. i help noobs all the time. i got some regs pissed at me for defending noobs when i first joined HF. So Just feel lucky u caught me on a bad day.

???

Off Topic: but nothing is wrong with jeeps, and the rest of the thread above makes no mention of jeeps whatsoever, except for the fact that I had a jeep like yours and I took the oil fill cap off of mine and made a mess.

Oh, and like cranny says, you won't really hurt anything by taking it off, but I wouldn't stick my finger in there either. At one time or another I have opened just about every fluid container on my cars while the vehicles are running. The worst is the p/s. If you have the wheels turned just a little bit the pump will be running, and if it is full you end up with fluid everywhere. Found that out the hard way on an 86 GMC 24' box truck. I think it was a 400 or a 454 and the p/s resivoir is like 1/2 gallon, so it was A LOT of fluid.

Archived