car says maintenace required

zoltron30

Hi guys. first time poster here. i have a 2001 honda accord dx, which i purchased from a nissan dealer in december 06. i've recently noticed the "main't req'd" light flashes for 10 seconds when i start the car. its a new car so i'm not sure what maintenace, besides getting an oil change, the car needs. i bought the car with 32,000 km on it!

all that light does , is inform you you need an oil change. it counts miles. so when that light starts to flash when starting car , its telling you its time. after some more time and miles , it will stay on steady. heres what you do. with car off , hold down the reset odometer button , than turn key to on continuing to hold the reset button on cluster. hold for 10 seconds , it will go out.

all that light does , is inform you you need an oil change. it counts miles. so when that light starts to flash when starting car , its telling you its time. after some more time and miles , it will stay on steady. heres what you do. with car off , hold down the reset odometer button , than turn key to on continuing to hold the reset button on cluster. hold for 10 seconds , it will go out.

hey thats great. thx for the quick reply

Archived