Sirius Radio / Aux input

BCPower

I have a 2006 EX V6 Coupe with the 6-disc/XM head unit. I'm wondering what the best way is to plug in my Sirius radio and route my antenna. Also, here's a few general questions:

What is the best Aux adapter for my Sirius?

Can I make an RCA level aux adapter using Honda pinouts?

Can I use the XM factory antenna for my Sirius player?

I have a 2006 EX V6 Coupe with the 6-disc/XM head unit. I'm wondering what the best way is to plug in my Sirius radio and route my antenna. Also, here's a few general questions:

What is the best Aux adapter for my Sirius?

Can I make an RCA level aux adapter using Honda pinouts?

Can I use the XM factory antenna for my Sirius player?

I bought the P.I.E. adapter on eBay. I found the installation instructions on Youtube for the Aux Adapter(hardest part of the install). You can buy a ground-loop isolator at Radioshack to remove the humming sound that comes when your device is plugged into a power source.

You connect the ground loop isolator into the P.I.E. device. The P.I.E. device connects into this a port in the back of the factory radio(thats what the hardest part is, removing the stuff so you can get to the back of the radio).

From there, you can buy an Y-adapter that will convert the RCAs coming from the ground-loop isolators into a 1/8" plug. You can buy an extension for the 1/8" plug if it is not long enough.

Now, the main part that should be done to make sure it all works. Either disconnect the negative lead on the car battery. The other thing you can do is remove the radio fuse, which is in the fusebox(near the latch to get the hood open,gas tank, trunk).

To determine which is the right fuse, check your owner's manual.

When you turn on the radio, it will ask you for a anti-theft code, which is on a credit-card sized card somewhere in your glovebox. Either that, or you call Honda with your information(including VIN #s) and they will give you the code. Now that it's on, press the CD button, it goes to CD mode, press the CD button again, it should go to CD-C mode. This is the mode that you will be in whenever using Sirius.

Now, for the Sirius install. The hardest part is installing the antenna, I'd recommend getting professional help since I don't know how to do it while making it look nice. Mines was done by a co-worker who used to be a car-body technician.

Archived