Subwoofer/ Amp Sale

Chris 32

What does anyone think about this combo sale? It is currently $575 off so i am seriously thinking about this.. any input would be appreciated..

Kicker Sale

Also.. the whole cardomain site is having a sale so does anyone think that any of the other subwoofers are a good value?

What does anyone think about this combo sale? It is currently $575 off so i am seriously thinking about this.. any input would be appreciated..

Kicker Sale

Also.. the whole cardomain site is having a sale so does anyone think that any of the other subwoofers are a good value?

its decent for anyone who wants a quick cheap system.

If you dont care about SQ, and just looking for a little bump, then its not a bad deal.

Do you think any other subs for sale on their price have good sq?

in their price range yea

Ascendant Audio Assassin - http://www.ascendantaudio.com/assassin_page.html

Apline Type R's have good SQ and just over 100.00

ED Kv.2 - http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_i...;products_id=30

Image Dynamics ID10 - http://www.cardomain.com/item/IDSID10V3D4

Resonant Engineering RE Series - www.reaudio.com

just to name a few off my head

That's not that good of a deal IMO.

If you shop around, you can get two decent 12's, a decent amp, good wiring, a q-logic box, etc. for that or even less.

Where besides crutchfield. All of the local stores, BEST Buy, Circuit City etc. i don't like the setups they have.

That's not that good of a deal IMO.

If you shop around, you can get two decent 12's, a decent amp, good wiring, a q-logic box, etc. for that or even less.

your looking at roughly 100.00 or less then what that costs after wiring.

Unless you go with used equipment.

Sometimes, its worth it just for the warranties.

Soundsplinter has some subs. Check out tcsounds.com and look at their db500 sub. Each 12 is only 75 bucks and it says it will handle 400 rms but i'm sure it will do more. I just bought some subs from eD, theyre $25 bucks each so shpped to me it was $38. They are 12's and are supposed to handle 200 rms, but someone on my myspace group put 500w to one and said it took it like a champ. If you go the eD wesbite, elementaldesigns.com and click on Consumer, its under the EHQS subwoofers.

Soundsplinter has some subs. Check out tcsounds.com and look at their db500 sub. Each 12 is only 75 bucks and it says it will handle 400 rms but i'm sure it will do more. I just bought some subs from eD, theyre $25 bucks each so shpped to me it was $38. They are 12's and are supposed to handle 200 rms, but someone on my myspace group put 500w to one and said it took it like a champ. If you go the eD wesbite, elementaldesigns.com and click on Consumer, its under the EHQS subwoofers.

I checked out both sites, thanks. Damn that stuff is cheap. Please let me know how your EHQS woofer preforms when you get it. Thanks

I checked out both sites, thanks. Damn that stuff is cheap. Please let me know how your EHQS woofer preforms when you get it. Thanks

It might not be for a month...i still gotta build an enclosure for it and I gotta find the time for that. Maybe this weekend I can get the materials n' stuff for it and get the blueprints goin. but the TC will probably sound much better.

It might not be for a month...i still gotta build an enclosure for it and I gotta find the time for that. Maybe this weekend I can get the materials n' stuff for it and get the blueprints goin. but the TC will probably sound much better.

I can't understand how you can think that that sub would sound as good as a 150 dollar sub lol. Is it just because your not pumping the money into the "name" of this company?

I'm not saying theyre as good or better than some of the woofers mentioned above, like the Assassin's, Type R, RE, etc. But that sub believe it or not, is better than some subs you would find that are double and triple that price. You just have to build the box properly. Its the quality of the sub that matters. You can put a price tag on any sub, but that doesnt mean its actually worth that much. For example, a $100 Pyle sub, i wouldnt pay 10 bucks for that, maybe 5 so i can blow it for craps. Point is, its a well made woofer, doesnt cost too much and I only suggested it if you wanted to save some money. Buy two and get an amp that does 500-800w rms and you'll be good. Shouldnt cost more than 200 bucks to build a box for two 12's, both the subs, and an amplifier. Add 50 for wiring and youre set.

I'm not saying theyre as good or better than some of the woofers mentioned above, like the Assassin's, Type R, RE, etc. But that sub believe it or not, is better than some subs you would find that are double and triple that price. You just have to build the box properly. Its the quality of the sub that matters. You can put a price tag on any sub, but that doesnt mean its actually worth that much. For example, a $100 Pyle sub, i wouldnt pay 10 bucks for that, maybe 5 so i can blow it for craps. Point is, its a well made woofer, doesnt cost too much and I only suggested it if you wanted to save some money. Buy two and get an amp that does 500-800w rms and you'll be good. Shouldnt cost more than 200 bucks to build a box for two 12's, both the subs, and an amplifier. Add 50 for wiring and youre set.

yeah pyle is a pyle of crap literally. but 200 to build a box? dont need that much if you have tools, mdf, glue, screws...not gonna be 200

yeah pyle is a pyle of crap literally. but 200 to build a box? dont need that much if you have tools, mdf, glue, screws...not gonna be 200

Yea i was thinking the same thing that it wouldn't cost that much, are those q logic or whatever boxes any good?

yeah thats what i have. you can check the specs of your sub for its peak performance, then check out the different boxes q-logic makes to match it up. since youre probably just looking for something to bump in for a daily driver, a q-logic box will be good

What I meant by a total cost of $200 is the cost of materials for the enclosure, the cost of two of the EHQS 12" subs, a new 500-800w amp, and wiring. Thats going to be tough to beat.

Some guy on the ICIX forum (eD based forum, but not limited to eD) has 4 of those 12's in a huge ass box in a 4 runner. Looks nice. I'd like to hear how loud it gets though. And I think he's giving them quite a bit of power. Maybe more than 450 per sub.

Some guy on the ICIX forum (eD based forum, but not limited to eD) has 4 of those 12's in a huge ass box in a 4 runner. Looks nice. I'd like to hear how loud it gets though. And I think he's giving them quite a bit of power. Maybe more than 450 per sub.

Post pictures.

Archived