Window problem

RazorbackMustang

So the driver's side window on my 96 civic decided it doesn't want to roll all the way up anymore. It gets about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch from the top and just stops rolling up. It just makes a banging sound like there's teeth missing from the motor gear or something.

There are no teeth missing though. I've checked. It's like something is worn out but I can't tell what. Any ideas? Do you think this is even fixable? Thanks!

eh i cant really help you. but have you tried taking the door panel off and watching everything while the window goes up, see if its catching anything. you might be able to find the exact spot where its messing up

• 2 weeks later...
eh i cant really help you. but have you tried taking the door panel off and watching everything while the window goes up, see if its catching anything. you might be able to find the exact spot where its messing up

Thanks for the reply. I now drive it with the door panel off at all times as the window gets stuck down all the time. I've felt around and I can't really see anything out of place. Oh well, guess I'll just have to live with it until I can get rid of the car.

same prob i have, lol. i had the same prob last year with the green hatch and i ordered a new track adn window(cuz theyre glued together) and it was like 400 bux! so this time id rather spend like 25-50 bux and get a whole new door from the junkyard, lol. problem fixed! good luck bro

• 2 weeks later...

it sounds like the track may be bent, my civic got broken into about a year ago, and when they busted the window out it bent the track so my window stayed about 1/4 of an inch down.

other than that im not sure man i know it sucks though

Try checking the play on the window regulator.Usually that wears out.look at the gears on the regulator side.Or rool the window up and watch the gears meshing .you'll see that the motor keeps spinning but the regulator gear worn out.

Archived