Clutch/Brake Lock

Trunks

seams like the idea would be good but you'd think if you really wanted the car you could just cut through it. i'm assuming your talking about one of those things that you put under the pedal. they say that you can't cut through it with a saw but i bet with a little heat you could make it brittle enough to shatter. it would really deter most theifs though and with the other stuff you've got you should be alright.

yeah im talking about those club devices. it prevents the clutch or brake pedal from being pressed. supposedly unbreakable unless the thieves carry blow torches wit em. anyone got any experiences wit this?

im sure you could gear somin up pyro. i mean the car would be running when you use linelocks , you know whats funny pyro , im wondering if anyone knows what were talking about , lol.

line lock, roll control, um... there are a bunch of names for them.

they are for locking the front tires in a RWD car so you can burn out, and holding you at the line when your ready to launch.

you flip a momentary switch, pump your brakes. its like a gate valve that holds pressure on your front brakes, even when you let off of the pedal, via a solenoid. then you can burn out. release switch, and it opens the valve and releases all pressure.

found this on a VW site....

C26-798-590-2.jpg

link!

its a manual line lock, used for parking brakes. NOT for use in place of a cable brake tho.

EDIT: nothing to do with line locks, but when I first read this page i was like.... he wants to put a clutch brake on his honda...? LOL

Line locks were good for three things: destroying tires, annoying the neighbors and killing u-joints.

I could see how the concept would be easily converted to something for antitheft.

A lock for the parking brake wouldn't work so well as most cars can drive with the brake fully engaged. The brakes will smoke and get hot after a bit, but not before the thiefs are long gone with the car anyway.

your talking about an engine brake i think pyro. its not a pedal , its a handle on the steering column , when you pull it , it uses the compression of the engine to slow down. im sure everybody has heard them , truck slowing down , and all the sudden youl hear it GRRRRRRRRRRRR , thats engine brake.

A lock for the parking brake wouldn't work so well as most cars can drive with the brake fully engaged. The brakes will smoke and get hot after a bit, but not before the thiefs are long gone with the car anyway.

I dunno about you, but my parking brake locks my tires.

and cranny, no not a jake brake, a clutch brake.

Brand new rear parking pads on my cherokee and my buddy drove the thing 40 miles back to my house with the parking brake fully engaged. By the time he got there they were shot, glowing red, and billowing smoke too. I would guess it depends on the car. My little dx brake will hold the car still, but won't keep the wheels locked if I gas it.

I guess I drove the jeep so long like that I got used to it and thought it was "norm" I'll look into it when the weather breaks.

I would think that the best anti-theft setup wouldn't involve the brakes at all. Thinking more on the lines of an independant starter kill. Something that spliced into the power feed for the starter. You set off the alarm and it blows the in-line fuse. Doesn't matter if the thief cut the alarm wires or even gets under the hood unless he has an entire section of cable to reroute the starter.

They are somewhat easy to bypass if you can get under the car though. The cut out would have to be independant system from the alarm to really enhance security and not be dependant on being powered, like a fuse. Something that reacted to fluctuation in the electrical, like someone cutting the lines. Only problem would be if you're a goon and set off your alarm by accident all the time.

Last car had a $1500 dash and a $400 window ruined to get to a $199 installed JVC cdplayer

My preferred ultimate anti-theft device: Don't have anything to steal.

Keep nothing in the car, leave all the doors unlocked and only carry liability insurance. I figure if I leave myself wide open and tempt fate that nothing is going to happen to it.

I would like to find out about a brake lock though. Since I will be putting some cash into my motor I want to see about a way to lock it when I want to.

What part of the country are you from anyway?

Think it's possible to mount a park brake anywhere else in the car? Maybe under the seat. Somewhere any theifs wouldn't be looking. Keep the original, just disconnect it and it wouldn't do anything.

Central Pa. and by central, i mean dead center.

can't, that would be illegal, since the stock one needs to be in working order.

but you could use something like I posted above tho. have to reroute some brake lines, but no biggie there. That thief wouldn't know what was going on if he jumped in it then.

can't, that would be illegal, since the stock one needs to be in working order.

Not like most of the other things we've done to our cars arn't

Hrm, I just sold a 13 year old 100mhz laptop for $31. I can't believe these people.

Anyway, may look into that. I would prefer a mechanical setup as opposed to an electronic one. Less to mess with once it is set up.

Archived