95 Accord Vibration/Rattle

CompuRIP

I know there have been lots of posts on this - the exhaust heat shield vibration/rattle. I read all those, but I still can't seem to solve mine. I get this rattle that starts at 1500rpm, but stops once I hit 2k.

Sounds like a heat shield, but I must have spent about 45 minutes under the car this morning banging around, shaking stuff etc. Nothing is even close to touching, and nothing is lose. I even checked the heat shield by the header in the engine bay - nice and tight.

Anyone else had this problem before? How can I fix it?! Thanks guys!

that is a heat shield.... look for rust around the bolts... some times they rust so bad that the bolts have nothing to hold on to and there are holes around them on the heat shield. check the heat shield right under your seat.

edit: "Nothing is even close to touching, and nothing is lose" the heat should under your seat is to plates that touch they can rattle on each other when the bolts there have nothing to hold them together because of rusted out bolts

I agree that its a heat shield. But any idea on which one, and how to narrow it down. I can't find anything lose or get anything to rattle while I'm under the car. That front heat shield under where the drivers seat is, is nice and tight.

Archived