Turbo question..

V-tech

Hi. This is me first post. I just bought a 2002 Honda Accord EX V6 V-tech 2 Door. I was thinking aboot putting a turbo on it but I know nothing aboot turbo kits for this car. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

..Aboot. -Snicker.-

One. It's V-tec.

Two. Boost is good, boost is great.

Three. Tuning is greater, even greater than boost.

Four. I'm really stretching this..

Five. ..Uh, yea. Take what we here say as a grain of salt.

little more complicated in a v6. you have 2 choices , you can either twin turbo with like 2 T25's , than youl need a manifold for each turbo , one on each side. or if you wanna go with a single larger turbo , youl need a custom manifold. cause your exhaust will have to all come into one pipe before it its the turbo. its not easy like your thinking , you wanna turbo a car , you bought the wrong one , lol.

I'm not sure about the 02 V6's but I almost bought my dad's 97 V6 a while back and was researching all the crap aboot slapping a turbo on it, and it is much easier to twin-turbo it, like cranny said, but I will also have to second the end of his post... If you wanted to turbo, you bought the wrong car.. I instead bought a 95 EX 5-Speed and was planning on turboing the F22 but my tranny went to crap and I ended up selling it.. Go N/A with the V6..

NA V-6's can be insane. plus theres no sound like the V6 VTEC engines when there breathing hard. you guys ever hear an NSX winding out? man they sound incredible.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so if a turbo is not the right way to go... what should I do to get some more torque out of it.

I bought it with some sort of exhaust work done..

It has the cat and a muffler under the car bout midway.. then it splits into two other pipes that each go to seperate glass packs.

I dont know much aboot that setup. It seems it was for sound more than performance.

I just recently put a CAI (injin) on it. Sounds real nice when I get on it. I would like to get some more power out of it though.

Archived