"The New Guy"

AcordGuy6742

Unfortunately on Valentines day i totaled my 99 grand am vs. a pole, but i just got a 2001 Accord Ex today and im actually excited im very into it and it seems like something im going to have fun with, just introducing myself and also wondering, i was interested in buying very good speakers for the car, im not looking to get a sub or anything like that im just looking into putting a lot of money into the speakers maybe some Bose speakers, anybody know what i should be looking for, maybe hook me up with a link, also, i like the 6cd changer very much and was wondering if i could get like a head unit but keep the 6cd changer, sort of like a "face plate" type thing, just get back to me, thanks

Unfortunately on Valentines day i totaled my 99 grand am vs. a pole, but i just got a 2001 Accord Ex today and im actually excited im very into it and it seems like something im going to have fun with, just introducing myself and also wondering, i was interested in buying very good speakers for the car, im not looking to get a sub or anything like that im just looking into putting a lot of money into the speakers maybe some Bose speakers, anybody know what i should be looking for, maybe hook me up with a link, also, i like the 6cd changer very much and was wondering if i could get like a head unit but keep the 6cd changer, sort of like a "face plate" type thing, just get back to me, thanks

welcome to hondaforums.

bose are over priced.... go to like best buy find speakers that u like the sound then search Google and ebay for them to get a better price

so how do i go about it do i go to the car audio section in best buy, do i need to know how many main speakers and how many tweeters and go about it that way or is there just packages they sell there that work for any car

so how do i go about it do i go to the car audio section in best buy, do i need to know how many main speakers and how many tweeters and go about it that way or is there just packages they sell there that work for any car

Crutchfield's web site is *excellent* for finding out what will fit in your car. If you wind up buying from them, they usually throw in mounting kits for head units over $100, and often have good sales, and they have a decent amazon-style customer review system.

I bought a head unit from them after going to tweeter and BB to get my hands on the options. I brought a couple of CDs that would represent what I wanted to play, including CD-R copies of CDs and CD-Rs with mp3s on them. I quickly noticed some things about various units that I didnt like, for instance many would take 10 seconds to read an mp3 cd every time you switched back and forth between the CD and the radio. I got an Alpine and couldn't be happier.

you probably have 6.5" front speakers and 6x9 ovals in the back, but I don't know what your exact car is. You can probably replace the factory head unit with another that will control the changer, but be sure to check that they are compatible.

your best bang for the buck will probably be to get a nice head unit with decent power, or if you're happy with the stock stereo, get middle of the road speakers. decide now if you will want a component amp, ipod control, etc., so that you don't have to buy twice if you want something "better" later.

this one looks like a kick ass deal:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-SlybPtuwZWd/c...amp;I=500DVA986

this one is a little cheaper:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-SlybPtuwZWd/c...mp;I=500CDA9883

-B

Because each is wired differently. If you had one "in dash" you would just need to add a din like this:

radiokj7ex9.png

If its where the second stereo is in that picture, I think it already uses a 2nd din, so you could just change the stereo. I'm 99% sure an in-trunk CD changer requires a stock head unit though, because it probably uses a specific 7-pin connection or whatever it takes that won't work in any aftermarket headunit. If you get a pioneer though, I could give you a good deal on a pioneer 6 disc or 12 disc I have laying around that need the cord, but can be connected to any Pioneer system ready for a changer.

Archived