intake

jonathanevf

no you cannot have 2 at the same time. a cold air intake is lower to the ground so you will get cooler air and a little more hp, were talking 1-2 hp. i personally prefer the cai over a short ram

only if you drive into a lake. ive had mine for several years and have driven in big rain storms. the only way youre going to hydrolock your motor is if you have the entire thing comlpetely submerged in water. dont worry about it

only if you drive into a lake. ive had mine for several years and have driven in big rain storms. the only way youre going to hydrolock your motor is if you have the entire thing comlpetely submerged in water. dont worry about it

A-men. I've had mine for several months and never had a problem with water. I prefer the CAI as well, and I've heard the v2 is not worth it because there is little if any performance difference between a regular CAI and the v2... Pretty much just the sound.

Although it is a sweet, sweet sound!

If you're that worried about hydrolock AEM sells a watchyamahoey that attaches between the intake and the TB (I think) that acts as a bypass should you suck in some water.

Although it is a sweet, sweet sound!

If you're that worried about hydrolock AEM sells a watchyamahoey that attaches between the intake and the TB (I think) that acts as a bypass should you suck in some water.

Ya, there's a bypass that you cut the CAI and insert inline, but I've heard that if you're going to get a CAI and spend an extra $50 or whatever on a bypass that draws air from inside the bay, you may as well buy a SRI and save yourself the trouble. Does anyone actually know someone that hydrolocked their cars? People are always concerned about it, but I've never heard someone say "My CAI flooded my engine with too much water..."

Archived