2001 Honda Accord Gas Tank

AcordGuy6742

How big is the gas tank because im trying to figure out if it is larger or smaller than my 1999 grand am se, also i was ridin low on gas and the "low gas indicator" light came on like right when i was on the Empty dash, does anybody know about how many miles you got left after that light comes on? i think its usually one gallon left but im not sure

I think its about 2 gallons. I think I've gone 50+ miles with my light on (but my light doesn't work anymore, so I'm trying to remember from 2 years ago). My 4th gen accord had a 17.5 gallon tank, and I think our 6th gens have the same, but I'd have to check my manual or Haynes to be exact.

I just checked my owners manual, and just inside the back cover, on the last page mine says "17.12 gallons". I hate to say it, but I've NEVER put more than about 15.5 gallons in, so fuel light or not, I'd say it comes on with atleast 2 gallons left, maybe a little more.

I just checked my owners manual, and just inside the back cover, on the last page mine says "17.12 gallons". I hate to say it, but I've NEVER put more than about 15.5 gallons in, so fuel light or not, I'd say it comes on with atleast 2 gallons left, maybe a little more.

true, good look jeffro

• 1 year later...

the car is on airbags, when the car raises back up, the camber levels out

also check the dates on some threads, this one is over a year old. you had a legit question, but just for future reference

Archived