clutch and flywheel

amigo77063

I own a accord 98 4dr ex manual. i need a clutch gears are slow car has no lift on 1st gear.. looking into a stage 2 clutch... was told it will give me more torque.. now my question is do i have to switch the flywheel... and which one is best for stage 2 clutch?? what is the difference between a oem clutch and a stage 2??? need answers quick car needs clutch... soon... thanx

Stick with OEM. Stage 2 will be more challenging to drive if you aren't familiar. If you're going to do it, you may as well put in a light weight flywheel as well for quicker take-offs, but our accords aren't going to throw you back into your seat no matter what clutch you have. Torque-less wonders...

Edit: Here is some good info on different clutch and flywheel setups.

thanx jeffro. whats the whole difference in driving s stage 2 rather than an oem clutch?? very new to this i had a 02 hyundai accent and no clutch was available for it so now with this car i feel like i can work wonders on it... lol ....

• 4 weeks later...

the best clustches that i have found are clutches by ACT and for a daily driver where u want more grip just go with a stage1 like kastigir said and if u want a better throttle response and to have the RPMs go up faster get a lighter flywheel hope that answers your question :)

the difference in the pedal is very minor i find. the higher stages are not much more stiff of a pedal really. little. unless you go beyond stage 3. stage 1 is fine for you though. your flywheel is fine dude , just get it resurfaced before installing new clutch.

Archived