150,000 and beyond

leshii

I have a 4 cylinder 1999 Accord LX with around 145,000 miles. I purchased it used in 2002 with 39,000 miles. I've gotten my oil changed regularly (approximately every 4k-5k miles), my timing belt replaced, and my O2 sensor is probably going to be replaced this week (I got the P1166 and P1167 codes this weekend).

I was wondering what I should be doing or checking so that I can keep this car going for another 100,000 miles. I know I need to change the oil regularly. I'll probably need a new timing belt around 180,000 miles.

Thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, congrats your half-way there. My CRX has 360,000. We just replaced the engine b/c the idiots at the shop burned it out. So my suggestion to you is to keep the regular maintenance and make sure that if you ever bring it to a shop make sure they treat it like it's a baby. These cars will last forever, unless stupid get there hands on them. Also, you may want to consider changing out the distributor cap, spark plugs, coil and other electrical things when you hit 200 or so. It can never hurt to be too cautious. Again make sure your always checking your fluids, especially oil. I don't know what kind of oil your using, but if it's not synthetic, it needs to be changed ever 2k-3k miles.

Good luck!!

Archived