transmission??????

ldballoon4

Ok ive talked emailed, blah blah blah, about this problem except here. so a little history, bought the caR used in DEC 06, excellent condition, through a mechanic who family drives and owns honda....etc...

The car worked great,,, UNTIL...............

about last month when i came to a stop at at light and it died. :mad: , the engine shuts off!!!!!!!!!!

It driveson D4 on the highway with no problems, but D4 in the city, forget it!

engine lights stay on when it dies, brakes are still functioning.

I have been slowly driving it on D3 which works :-

any pros, wrenchers, that encountered this frustrating problem?

This is only a possibility, but your overdrive gear (Torque clutch converter) could be sticking on, which could indeed stall out the car when you come to a stop. I would imagine that in D3 the clutch won't engage, so that could be your problem. Only easy way to fix it besides replacing it would be unplugging it. Look for a fuse or something with that name. I drive a standard 93 accord, so I'm not sure of where to look.

well Thank goodness i have a great honest mechanic, it turned out to be a simple ALTERNATOR, ive heard everything from ignition system, to PC controllers, some estimated 345-3000, what crooks

$206 fixed in beatifull allentown PA

Thanks to those who replied back, hope this helps out the next guy or gal.

PEACE!

Archived