honda 97 doesnt start!!!!!!!

kunal

:rant: hi, i jus bought a 97 honda accord sir 5 speed manual. it has a h22a engine under the hood. it had no problems at all untill i took a corner at high speed and the car jus bogged out and died. i have been driving it everywhere for a month now and have no idea why this happened. funny thing is after it bodded out, i waited a while and started it and it startetd right up, but then a few meters down the road it bogged out again, the tacho was going nuts, and the check engine light came up.?/? i have no idea wat is wrong and will provide as much info as possible, PLEASE HELP!!! MANY THANKS!!

sounds like a sensor of some sort to me. i think the tach reads off the ignitor or one of the sensors in the dizzy for sure. im gonna go with dizzy on this one , or a component there of. which way were you turning?

If you take a turn fast enough, you can starve the fuel pump. Thats why racers use fuel cells with pickups that move with the gas. I dunno why it would do it again later down the road again tho.

if the fuel pump was wstarved and it shut your car off it could have damaged the fuel pump. I would have the fuel pump checked out

some of you guys give answers without reading all the symptoms and deducting better. the man says his tach was going nuts and the engine light came on? now thinking about it again , does that sound to you nk like a fuel pump? lol. fuel pump going bad would not make the tach jump around. starving it of fuel for that second wouldnt hurt the pump either.

also if it was a fuel starvation issue, fuel tanks have a thing called a swirl pot that holds fuel so that if you do take a corner or something that causes the fuel to move away from the pump there is still fuel in the swirl pot and allows the vehicle to still operate. if it were me id take it in somewhere with a diagnostic device and get them to hook it up and pull some codes out of it thatd be the quickest way to check the issue. it may cost like 20 bucks but its money well spent cause your not dicking around trying to work out something you have no idea is wrong with (poor english??)

some of you guys give answers without reading all the symptoms and deducting better. the man says his tach was going nuts and the engine light came on? now thinking about it again , does that sound to you nk like a fuel pump? lol. fuel pump going bad would not make the tach jump around. starving it of fuel for that second wouldnt hurt the pump either.

If your car shuts off, your tach wont work. Also all of your lights in your dash would turn on. Starving a fuel pump for a second wouldnt hurt anything but if you took a turn long enough and fast enough, it could easily starve the engine. we're just throwing out possible solutions here, there's no need to patronize.

If your car shuts off, your tach wont work. Also all of your lights in your dash would turn on. Starving a fuel pump for a second wouldnt hurt anything but if you took a turn long enough and fast enough, it could easily starve the engine. we're just throwing out possible solutions here, there's no need to patronize.

there is this thing called a battery. if the car shuts off because of fuel problems and is still in gear the battery will keep the tach going and all the lights will turn on. so just because you starve the car of gas is not the cause of this problem. it's prolly wiring or a sensor in the dizzy.

there is this thing called a battery. if the car shuts off because of fuel problems and is still in gear the battery will keep the tach going and all the lights will turn on. so just because you starve the car of gas is not the cause of this problem. it's prolly wiring or a sensor in the dizzy.

touchet

Archived