Idle Shakes the whole dash Interior

hondanewbie

My 93 Accord Shakes like crazy, shaking the whole middle dash and Steering wheel whenever coming to a stop at the light. Foot on the brakes, waiting for it to turn green.....this old fu_kin car is driving me crazy and I just bought this damn thing. Anyway, I would like to know if this is NORMAL for these old cars --> 90-93 Honda Accords ????? I've been into other Accords in the past and these frackers rattle.....does anyone in here have the same problems ????? How would I go about fixin this rattling motor ???????

Your Inquiries and experience will help tremendously. Thank you!

My 93 Accord Shakes like crazy, shaking the whole middle dash and Steering wheel whenever coming to a stop at the light. Foot on the brakes, waiting for it to turn green.....this old fu_kin car is driving me crazy and I just bought this damn thing. Anyway, I would like to know if this is NORMAL for these old cars --> 90-93 Honda Accords ????? I've been into other Accords in the past and these frackers rattle.....does anyone in here have the same problems ????? How would I go about fixin this rattling motor ???????

Your Inquiries and experience will help tremendously. Thank you!

dude its totally normal...whenever u come to a stop just turn the whole car off and when it turns green just start that sucker and hit it hard. It'll lower ur 1/4 mile a good 2 or 3 seconds but its all good...ull still run low 12's...lol, sorry man just kiddin...

my car does the same thing, just put it in neutral when at a light and then in drive when it turns green (if its an auto)...yes its annoying but it works.:thumbsup: i havent bothered to figure out wat the problem is yet.

give it a tuneup , lol. if its idling that rough , it needs something obviously. check your mounts as well , maybe getting worn.

Here's what I've done to the car since I purchased the car.

1. Oil change

2. Valve Cover gasket

3. Spark plug seals

4. NGK spark plugs

5. NGK wires

6. New radiator and hoses

7. Anti-freeze flush

8. Tranny flush

9. New Air filter

10. Cleaned throttle body

11. Put in New CV Axles

12. Had a mechanic inspect all the suspensions and mounts. NOTHING WRONG with them

All of this work, money and time into this car and still idles like crap. Are there anything missing from my tune up list that still need to be done to fix this issue? I'm thinking of selling this car.

EGR valve. O2 sensors. PCV valve.

Shouldn't the Check Engine light come on if any of the parts you mentioned were faulty? I mean they are part of the emission system.

Anyway, What are ways/methods to trouble shoot the EGR Valve? Control Solenoid? This may be the answer to the Idling issue im having.

I did check the PCV valve and O2 sensors, both are good.

My 92 Accord does the same thing although not quite as bad. I am going to change the motor mounts next week. I'll let you know if that does it. I also have a problem with the check engine light coming on when the engine is cold. I pulled the code on it and found out the EGR valve is bad. I have a new one, but haven't changed it out since it is almost impossible to get to without removing half the freakin engine and the mounting bolts are so tight I can't move them anyway. Maybe someday I will take everything apart to get clearance and try it again.

Archived