Deal or No Deal?

Lee49645

hey guys i was getting around to thinking that it was time to try something new in my accord and people around have said to try exhaust first and so i searched up this set of mufflers for my accord. you think its a good deal?

I have a completely unmodded V6 2000 Accord. My budget isnt very high and im not sure if i want to go all the way with fancy performance parts. I've read around and people said to go with Greddy but they were simply too exspensive. Im not the type that would go straight for power but more like just minor mods. (ie: kits, spoiler, lights, exhaust and window tint) I dont know.

Anyways ive been looking at something like this on ebay for a few days and i still dont know if its worth getting.

GT2 Exhaust

well if you buy just the muffler, sometimes you'll need to weld. if you buy a catback, you just unbolt the old one and bolt up the new one. as long as you can get under your car and have some tools, you should be able to do it.

ehh 200 or less wont get you anything good especially for your car since its a dual exhaust i think. on that budget you will probably have to go with just mufflers.

i wouldnt mind spending a little more if i have to. wat would be the best deal for each?

i dont wanna spend too much on exhaust cuz i wanna get kits and rims too

my max budget is around 1000 so i dont know... >.<

rims, body kit, and exhaust for under a grand? not gonna happen. also if you get rims you should probably get suspension as well to get rid of the wheel gap. first i would say get rims and lower your car. then use the rest of the money and save up for an exhaust.

here's a greddy exhaust for your car. theres two options, i dont know which one you have, one is $369 and the other is $522

i have the eibach sportline kit and really like them. enkei makes rims for whatever car they will fit on. check out wheelmax.com, wheelsnext.com and tirerack.com to see a bunch of different rims.

You're entering into arguably the most expensive hobby there is. It aint cheap. If you go with rims, you should probably upgrade the brakes VERY soon after. On top of having your calipers look bad, it will be harder to stop. Increasing the weight of your wheels is the worst place to increase weight. Its called "rotating mass" and it sucks. Consider upgrading your brakes fairly soon after upgrading your rims...assuming you like your accord???

You're entering into arguably the most expensive hobby there is. It aint cheap. If you go with rims, you should probably upgrade the brakes VERY soon after. On top of having your calipers look bad, it will be harder to stop. Increasing the weight of your wheels is the worst place to increase weight. Its called "rotating mass" and it sucks. Consider upgrading your brakes fairly soon after upgrading your rims...assuming you like your accord???

That depends on what size rims he gets cause that car probably has 15s or 16s stock depending on the package. So if he only goes up about one or 2 sizes like 17s he should be ok with stock brakes, unless the rims are excessively heavy.

Archived