Power Window Help Please

94vtec

newbie here with a question/problem-

My 94 accord ex is having a power window problem. it will always go down fine, but doesn't always go back up. all other windows work just fine. i can keep messing with the switch trying to make it go back up and it will but sometimes takes 20 min to go back up. when it finally does go back up, it doesnt go slow or shake or anything.

is this problem the switch or the window motor or...?

i just hate buying parts blind and not having a clue what it might be and spending unnecessary money. if i took a guess, im thinking switch but i really dont know.

if you guys have any idea what it might be, please let me know. also let me know how much the cost, how hard the installation is and where i can find the part(s).

i appreciate any help. thanks

newbie here with a question/problem-

My 94 accord ex is having a power window problem. it will always go down fine, but doesn't always go back up. all other windows work just fine. i can keep messing with the switch trying to make it go back up and it will but sometimes takes 20 min to go back up. when it finally does go back up, it doesnt go slow or shake or anything.

is this problem the switch or the window motor or...?

i just hate buying parts blind and not having a clue what it might be and spending unnecessary money. if i took a guess, im thinking switch but i really dont know.

if you guys have any idea what it might be, please let me know. also let me know how much the cost, how hard the installation is and where i can find the part(s).

i appreciate any help. thanks

The switch is probably the culprit. The switch on my 93 recently did the same thing (it acted up for weeks before failing) and I had to get it replaced. Fortunately, mine emitted a nice little puff of white electronic smoke when it finally died so I knew it was the switch and not the motor. On mine the whole switch panel which holds all four window buttons and the pwr mirror control had to be replaced. As far as I know, it's not possible to repair an individual button in that module. If you are shopping for a used one of those, be sure to seek out the right color trim or you will have a mismatch.

Archived