My New Setup

xxscaxx

New Setup:

FP Green, 2.4 inch Standard Inlet with External Wastegate setup (IWG welded shut). 7cm hotside.

HKS custom downpipe with welded in dumptube

Custom Ultimate Racing Upipe

Tial 38mm Wastegate with 1 bar spring (14.5 Psi)

^^what i purchased today.

In the process of finding/purchasing:

Injectors (pending with someone now, Helix 8600cc)

Blow Off Valve

Boost Controller

Turbo Timer (turbo is oil cooled only)

FMIC (sticking with TMIC right now)

Tune

forgot Fuel Pump - Walboro 255lph ..getting that from pops though

some pics (i took these from the guy i bought them from, being shipped out monday.

Downpipe W/ dumptube

downpipe.jpg

Turbo (one on right, other turbo is the guys GT30r.. i know makes the green look puney lol) and also upipe and wastegate in first pic

inlets.jpg

outlets.jpg

Turbo upipe and wastegate

parts.jpg

guy made 365WHP/379WTQ only running 20psi b/c he was still on the stock top mount. running a fmic means more boost and better efficiency, which means more power. surely can hit 400whp especially with the EWG setup.

insight, comments, questions welcome.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think i might mimic what the seller's setup was and stick with my top mount for a while and go for the same numbers. i know im going to want more power but i wont have the money for some stuff, and plus, my car is my DD. i need it reliable so i dont want to push it so much. so probably around 375 whp or so.

Damn dude, that's awesome....

I put a Invidia DP on a sti a few weeks ago....not too fun, but it was worth it!

watch out for the 13 bolts around the heat shield :)

can't wait to see a video that you're gonna take for all of us!

Damn dude, that's awesome....

I put a Invidia DP on a sti a few weeks ago....not too fun, but it was worth it!

watch out for the 13 bolts around the heat shield :)

can't wait to see a video that you're gonna take for all of us!

lol thats been off since my downpipe install a while ago. wasnt that bad as everyone made it out to be though. what gave me a problem is one of the downpipe bolts. got stripped...hadda drive it to a shop to get it cut off.

and yes, videos will come lol. wont have it setup of for a few weeks though.

thats gonna be a sweet setup man. how much boost was your car running before?

currently running around 1.4 bar. so its around 19psi. ill probably running just a tad bit more. i can only go 21 psi on the stocker. but ill probably end up buying a new bov. just havent decided which one.

thanks everyone.

i was thinking turboXS or APS. i like the dual vent one. not realy concerned with a bov for right now though, im trying to get injectors and at least a MBC even though i really want the Apexi EBC. havent decided yet. damn injectors are expensive!

You ain't craptin'. They aren't cheap for any application. I was looking into going with a Kenne Bell blower for my truck, but the size of it would include a bigger MAF with bigger injectors.

Hell, the injectors alone shied me away LOL.

i was laughin at that too actually lol.

chris - yeah ive heard nothing but good with them too. it was one of the originals i was looking at anyway. im glad i found a good deal on it. still tryin to get these injectors, and im looking at a TurboXS bov right now. still need a boost controller.

Well looks like someones upgrading some parts lol...ahem...i think i mentioned this when you posted that thread lol....ahem...ur welcome...lol j/k

nice triple post SIR VTEC lol. and yes thanks for the idea lol.

FDP - i have stock Brembos. my brake setup is pretty superior so i have no need to touch it. maybe some ss lines and whatnot but thats about it.

Civic cee exx - should be in the 11's somewhere. one guy i think ran an 11.4 with an FP green setup. not sure if it was the 3" or 2.4" inlet though.

Injectors purchased and Perrin MBC purchased.

umm, not sure. i still am deciding if i want to go FMIC and stuff, and i just contacted my tuner and it will be 350 for the tune. so probably not for a couple of weeks.

oh and ps, main setup came today. sooo sweet. wish i could post some damn pics up. ill make sure to bug someone for one when i get everything together.

Archived