My New Setup

xxscaxx

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah lol, sorry for not clearing that up. its a rough estimate of how much lower the shifter is now. i cant really show how short the actual shifts are so thats my best explanation for u lol.

everything goes back together monday. i have to wait for my new uppipe/manifold gasket. then, everything should be fine. there was some leakage coming out of the o2 sensor spot too because i couldnt get the o2 sensor back in right, but i bought a o2 socket today and got that sucker in there perfect.

little update.

got my crucial racing gasket today. tightened everything down in the correct order, with new gasket in. NO leaks! thank frackingggggg god. now i just gotta throw the heat shield back over the mani and put back the skid plate and im good to go.

car was smoking a tad when i took it for a drive, but its because all the pb blaster/coolant and other misc crap that i had spilled. hope it stops lol.

yeah i missed 9 pages of this bitch. but the good thing about it is that i didnt have to wait for your parts to come, i could just scroll through and see the progress. it really looks amazing man, you have really good taste. hopefully everything comes together and works out for you. i probably wont get to see the final pics for another month but oh well.

ps what part of vermont were you in? i live in southern vt by bromley and stratton mountains

airjordan - umm i was in smugglers notch. thanks man, yeah im going to start another thread after the dyno day to make it easier for everyone. right now i just feel cool having a 17 page thread lol. most of it is BS anyway with me iceah and cee exx.

pyro - it drives crapty pretty much lol, it kicks out and almost stalls sometimes when im at a dead stop and go to get out of first and i cant go past 4500 b/c of the limit chris at XX put on it. but i wasnt expecting anything else, its jsut a base map. the idle is pretty nice, and the BOV sounds amazing. ill get a vid up soon iceah, lol dont worry!

Since this thread doesn't have many pages left until it gets closed due to size, could everyone please stop wasting space in sca's thread with the p/w'ing?

ohhh snap. soo big it has to be shut down! lol.

you tell em CRG.

sorry Lina..better? its actually funny because the other day i catered with my mom (what i do when im not at my other job) and they had the party for their daughters sweet 16 and her name was lina. lol she had temporary tatoos that said i S2 Lina Bean. so i put one on my forearm hahaha.

but as for my car...

i walked out to my car today to just put back the heat shield on and the skid plate.. and what do i see on the ground... my stupid downpipe/turbo gasket. so i had to take off the downpipe AGAIN. but after that, i threw back on the heatshield and skid plate, changed my oil, and now im good to go :-)

new exhaust gasket is coming wednesday i believe, and i also re-did the wiring on my Defi gauges today, since when i did them i did it the quick way and it wasnt done right.

so as for now, my car is DONE till the tune. phew. called chris from XX today and he confirmed that it would be ok to drive 2 hours on that base map, since i was worried about that lol.

so my next question is...what should i do next? i have decided that im going to do all red interior (well i hope, i really want bride everything but its really REALLY expensive), and i want the chargespeed kit for my car. maybe new rims? ahh so many choices. some sways? ay yi yi lol.

I like the color. Not so sure about spray painting them, but I suppose if you take your time and then seal them after then you wouldn't have a problem.

The guy I bought the sol from had spray painted the rims silver the day before we bought it, in the course of the 1200 mile return trip home through 10 hours of rain the silver had turned to gray and several quarter sized chunks had come of of each cap. Thats why I am wary of spray painting.

Everyone knows you need red rims on a white car. :p

If you paint your rims red..I'll personally come to your door and beat your ass.

:) what is your name? so I won't say "sca"...and wow, she stole my name! jk

or should we call you the future famous guitarist/singer!! :D

I'm glad there is more progress with your car everyday...it looks and is a monster :D

as for rims, I think your current rims make your car original...everyone has gunmetal or red or white or whatever...I saw this one scion tc all fixed up and with GOLD RIMS...and painted brakes...good thing he didn't write Brembo on it...so not the car! and on top of that, the kid has a "I :heart: Honda" sticker on the window!! I was insulted! lol

the names joe lol.

thanks, i mean i must admit, i love my gold rims, but its time for a change. its just not the direction i am going anymore, i originally wanted new golds but now with the hood and everything, like it was pointed out a darker color will just suit it better. and actually, painting the stockers and not getting new rims would be more original since everyone just buys new rims lol, and also my car came stock with the golds so its not too original if you get what im saying. i still haven't decided, im wondering if it will be too much of a PITA to paint them and if i f*ck it up ill be real pissed lol. but i think it would look better.

billy - yeah i was going to pick up the same stuff that guy used on his sti.

and no, no red rims for me lol. that would look uberrrr gay.

Archived