My New Setup

xxscaxx

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ill try. need to steal someones camera lol.

im deciding ifi should go FMIC and bov...can run my setup as is.

350 for tune dyno and road tune.

Isn't your intercooler under that crazy a$$ scoop in the hood? is an aftermarket intercooler any more efficient?

keep the stock recirculating bov.... sleeper...

oh yeah its an sti... nvm. nothing sleeper about that.

the Stock BPV limits me from running over 21 psi. but i could run a conservative tune with 20 psi like the guy who had my setup before. im going to probably definitly get a bov, im just deciding on a fmic.

yeah, my intercooler is under my scoop, but a FMIC is more effecient and extremely less prone to heat soak. and you can get a crapload more power out of it too than the top mount. i definitly want the fmic but im wondering if i should just limit myself with the power.

but, ive decided im just going to buy a fmic, b/c after a while im going to want it anyway. and then id have to get it retuned because of it so i might as well just get it now.

so yes FDP fmic it is. if i bought a fmic id buy a kit with the pipes already. suprisingly enough, the ssautochrome fmic kit for my car is amazing...not one bad review about it so im probably going with that. 300+ dollars compared to 1000+ dollars when it is the same size, core, and flow of the turboxS fmic.

You have given this a lot of good thought and the search for the "ssautochrome fmic kit "...great! :)

The thing with FMIC is the little lag...that's why I thought custom piping would make the lag less...

yay, waiting until it's done :D

it wont make much of a difference. 300-400 rpm if that. if i wanted to i could reverse the intake manifold and make the piping shorter...but i dont feel like it lol.

pretty much any FMIC on the STi requires cutting on the front bumper. the black trim on the front bumper is trimmed out in that pic. beautiful though. only FMIC that doesnt require cutting i think is the injen...but its too small of a fmic for me to run.

i love the whole functional scoop/tmic, but nothing compares to fmic.

thats an STi...with wrx side skirts, wing, and fog lights. you can tell its an STi b/c of the rear fender flares.

it wont make much of a difference. 300-400 rpm if that. if i wanted to i could reverse the intake manifold and make the piping shorter...but i dont feel like it lol.

I see...it's gonna be an awesome powerful car anyway :D

Are cops going to bug you because they see that you have a mod?

I don't know how it is in other states but in Cali, they can send you to another place for them to check your car for emissions and all...

they wouldnt be able to tell. the only thing they'd see is the FMIC and they come stock on cars (evo) so they wouldnt do anything about it. the only trouble id get is exhaust but its quiet anyway so iw ont have to worry.

-Sigh.- I've really gotta get some money coming in. Turns out my car has Flowmasters, just the very subtle 40 series and still retains all factory cats. Hell I doubt I've barely got any gains off of it. I'm jealous of people makin' cars fast! >(!

New Setup:

FP Green, 2.4 inch Standard Inlet with External Wastegate setup (IWG welded shut). 7cm hotside.

HKS custom downpipe with welded in dumptube

Custom Ultimate Racing Upipe

Tial 38mm Wastegate with 1 bar spring (14.5 Psi)

^^what i purchased today.

In the process of finding/purchasing:

Injectors (pending with someone now, Helix 8600cc)

Blow Off Valve

Boost Controller

Turbo Timer (turbo is oil cooled only)

FMIC (sticking with TMIC right now)

Tune

forgot Fuel Pump - Walboro 255lph ..getting that from pops though

some pics (i took these from the guy i bought them from, being shipped out monday.

Downpipe W/ dumptube

downpipe.jpg

Turbo (one on right, other turbo is the guys GT30r.. i know makes the green look puney lol) and also upipe and wastegate in first pic

inlets.jpg

outlets.jpg

Turbo upipe and wastegate

parts.jpg

guy made 365WHP/379WTQ only running 20psi b/c he was still on the stock top mount. running a fmic means more boost and better efficiency, which means more power. surely can hit 400whp especially with the EWG setup.

insight, comments, questions welcome.

All of this is going into your wrx?

nah he's just gonna let it sit there and look at it

lol yes they are my floor items.

yes TL...not yet though, still gotta pick up 2 more things and get a tune...so soon. oh, and its a wrx STi :D

Archived