how do I find out if my car has abs?

ras282

Then go out to an empty area and lock em up. If you feel the brake pedal pulsing and the cars jumping rhythmically then you have it. If not then you don't.

Odds are, you don't. I don't think ABS was regularly installed in the U.S. until 6th gens, and those don't have it until the later years I believe. My 2000 doesn't, but there is a light if it did have it that would be on your dash. I'm bettin' 99% likely you don't.

Edit: Another way to tell will be if you have rear drums or discs... Most Hondas before 2000 have drums in the back...

Odds are, you don't. I don't think ABS was regularly installed in the U.S. until 6th gens, and those don't have it until the later years I believe. My 2000 doesn't, but there is a light if it did have it that would be on your dash. I'm bettin' 99% likely you don't.

Edit: Another way to tell will be if you have rear drums or discs... Most Hondas before 2000 have drums in the back...

Im positive my 99 Accord has ABS because felt it more than once. f*ck ice, man. Also has 4-wheel disc brakes.

actually, ABS in Accords started on the 1991 SE edition. after the SE edition was dropped in 92, the EX picked up ABS until 1994 and on, where the first-time four wheel ABS system option was available in DX, LX, and EX models.

actually, ABS in Accords started on the 1991 SE edition. after the SE edition was dropped in 92, the EX picked up ABS until 1994 and on, where the first-time four wheel ABS system option was available in DX, LX, and EX models.

I was right. But thanks for he details on it dude .

Archived