Clutch Problems

casey91civic

Alright, here is what happened. The car was driving fine, no slippage of the clutch and no signs of it going out. I came out from work and got in my car and it didn't want to go into gear. I checked the reservior for the clutch and it was out of fluid. I then proceded to bleed the system. I filled up the reservior and cracked the bleeder valve on the slave cylinder, then I pumped the clutch which was stuck to the floor a couple of times to get it started draining. Once a let gravity do the work for like 15 minutes I then checked the pressure of the clutch pedal. It had a little pressure but not enough for it to go into gear. So I bled it a few more times by pumping the pedal a few times and holding it down while cracking the bleeder valve. It did not have any more air in the lines and still wouldn't go into gear. I seen a tear in the boot on the slave cylinder so I replaced the slave cyliner and this did not help it in any way after bleeding it back out. After further inspection of the system I saw fluid coming out of the master cylinder in the inside of the car. I put a new master cylinder on it and now the system will not hold pressure at all. I can get about half the pedal and that is it. While holding the clutch pedal to the floor you can watch the slave cylinder release the clutch slowly where it is somehow losing pressure in the system before it gets to the actual clutch. The only thing that I can think of is that it has to have a hydraulic line bad somewhere. I looked for an hour trying to find a leak in the system and have been non successful in finding one. I also replaced the reservior too, still didn't help. I am dumbfounded now by this and I need help. If anyone knows what to do please help me out.

bleeding the clutch is not like brakes. heres what you do dude. you need a piece of rubber hose on the bleeder screw tight. the other end needs to stay submerged in fluid this whole time. crack the bleeder screw and leave it cracked. now making sure the master cylinder resevoir is full at all times , and the hose is tight on bleeder screw and submerged in fluid , pump the clutch over and over and over till no more bubbles come out of the hose. no need to tighten , pump and losen and tighten. leave it open , and keep pumping till no more bubles. once there is no more , tighten the bleeder , remove hose. let me know how you made out.

• 2 weeks later...
bleeding the clutch is not like brakes. heres what you do dude. you need a piece of rubber hose on the bleeder screw tight. the other end needs to stay submerged in fluid this whole time. crack the bleeder screw and leave it cracked. now making sure the master cylinder resevoir is full at all times , and the hose is tight on bleeder screw and submerged in fluid , pump the clutch over and over and over till no more bubbles come out of the hose. no need to tighten , pump and losen and tighten. leave it open , and keep pumping till no more bubles. once there is no more , tighten the bleeder , remove hose. let me know how you made out.

I didn't know that. Thanks Cranny.

Archived