does anyone else experience this

kale'97accord

lately becuase i dont have much money and gas is so freakin expensive i have been forced to keep almost no fuel in my tank. so i was wondering does anyone else's gas gauge needle go to or below the bold empty line like mine does without the warning light turn on. my wife says that the light does work as it turned on when she udsed the car a little bit back but it doesnt seem to work for me. the picture i am posting is from last week and the needle has gone a little that that without the light turning on.

http://www.i123.photobucket.com/albums/o29...el/gasgauge.jpg

this doesnt seem to be wanting to turn into a link so you need to copy and paste this to see

yeah my car does that.....i know when the warning light goes on i have about 5 more miles. the warning light is the last resort, and most of the time when i'm below "E" the light doesn't go on....it's when it does go on that i get worried.

i fill up at 1/4 tank so i dont worry about it. you could always put a gallon in a gas can or something and put that in your trunk. and drive to see if the light goes on, or if it runs out.

LOL! damn dude! hard-up on gas are we? u can always switch to corn-oil. nah! just messing. I too get my gas level that low out of pure laziness and yet to see my light go on. i've owned my acc for over 2 years and no light.

the needle drops more when your front end is dipped on a down hill and let me tell ya'. i've hit some steep as hills and still no friggin' light. so as long as the light doesn't come on and i'm on E, i'll assume that i can keep driving along...

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHh HUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

The relay on my fuel pump went out about 2 years ago, and its $75 for the part, although most shops say they will just replace the whole pump ($200+) so I live without my fuel light and just fill er up.

Archived