oil catch cans

jolleyjoe

so after workin on my car today ..i was lookin at the valve cover and it haz twe hose's coming off of it one go's to my intake pipe and other goes to my intake manefold..well the p.c.v valve is good... but i have a lot of oil go to the intake pipeing...so im wonderin if a can run the to hose's to a brass tee then to a oilcatch can or is it fine :crazy:

so after workin on my car today ..i was lookin at the valve cover and it haz twe hose's coming off of it one go's to my intake pipe and other goes to my intake manefold..well the p.c.v valve is good... but i have a lot of oil go to the intake pipeing...so im wonderin if a can run the to hose's to a brass tee then to a oilcatch can or is it fine :crazy:

you could, or you could slap one of those tiny air filters they sell at pep boys to the valve cover where the tube comes out.

but woulden the oil just run out on to the motor ?

it isnt all oil per se. its exhaust air with some oil particles in it. over time, it build up, hence the need for a "catch" can. but i dunno. i guess a real catch can is better for the environment.

Archived