Check Engine Light Chapter #326587415557

phillyhonda800

i've brought this issue up some time ago. some of you may remember. so i am kind of following up on the issue and have another question about it. i've finally got the code and it was my EGR valve - insufficient flow. i bought the part ($100.00) and replaced it myself. before i replaced the valve, i disconnected the battery so that the computer codes would clear out.

i got the part installed and everything looks good. i attached the battery cable, cranked it up, and again all sounds good. i put about 80 miles on the car and the F N light came on again. so i decided to push in the odometer button before i start the car (all dash lights on) every morning to see if this may be it and up through today the light is still on.

should i disconnect the battery cable again and see what happens or just get another free reading? by the way, when i got the reading from autozone, it was only the EGR code. nothing else. oh! when i replaced the valve, i thoroughly cleaned the housing unit on the engine block with a light piece of sandpaper, wiped it up and even blew away debris from the openings.

any further advice, experience, comments is most greatly appreciated guys. thanks.

uhhhhhhhh huhhhhhhhhh!

EGR valve code does not mean your EGR valve is bad. Those codes dont TELL you what's wrong with your car, they're simply an aid for YOU to figure it out. If you check it again, Im willing to bet the same code will come up again. Does it still run like it did before the repair???

• 2 weeks later...

Archived