Power Locks

Big O

I have a 2003 honda accord with power locks. All of a sudden when I lock it and go to unlock the only door that unlocks is the driver door. Has anyone had this problem and if they did what was the problem?

From outside the car? That's normal on newer Hondas to only have the drivers door unlock. You have to push the button twice to unlock the rest of the doors. If you're talking the auto unlock, when the tranny is in Park, that is normal also for only the driver's door to unlock.

I've already had to replace TWO door lock actuators on my car...one of the few Honda items that were built craptily (SP?)

How much do the door actuators cost and how hard are they to replace?

From outside the car? That's normal on newer Hondas to only have the drivers door unlock. You have to push the button twice to unlock the rest of the doors. If you're talking the auto unlock, when the tranny is in Park, that is normal also for only the driver's door to unlock.

I have owned this car for four years. What I am saying is: after I get out of the car and lock it, (hitting th button twice, horn beeps) then when I come back I hit the button twice and only the drivers door unlocks. I have to hold the unlock button down to get the window all down to hand unlock the car.

Archived