99 Accord stalls occationally

htbidder

This is a 1999 Accord LX. It has stalled 3-4 times over the last 12 month. I took it to a mechanic and he didn't find anything wrong. Yesterday it stalled again when I was on freeway! Fortunately everytime it's when the car was moving very slowly in traffic or waiting for traffic light.

Can anyone help on what to look for? Now I'm always afraid it would stop whenever the speed drops.

Thanks for the response.

It starts right back.

Haven't checked fuel pump. Air filter was cleaned 2 years ago.

I'm new to the board: not sure what CEL means. I didn't notice anything unusual before it broke down. Actually the engine was very quiet when it idles.

Do I need worry about timing belt?

Shouldn't be timing belt if it starts back up. Air filter technically should be checked and changed every 12,000 miles or 12 months. If its just randomly dying and the air filter etc. is ok, I would think you're having problems getting fuel to your block, but wait and see what some of the other more knowledgeable people respond before you take my word...

CEL=Check Engine Light (Not to be confused with Maintenance Required Light) Symbol is an engine and lights up yellow/orange in our accords...

Archived