car wont start

jolleyjoe

so i got off of work the other day and i hopped in my car to go around the corner to get something and

come back ..i hadnt drivin the car for about 6hs so i got to the place i needed to go to..and when i got back

in the car to start it..it turned over but wouldnt start....so i poped the hood and looked around and the

battery it was fine next the spark plug wires and there fine so i try to start the car again wouldnt start so i

kept tryen it fianlly started so i went back to work ..got there and i turned the car off ..well i tryed to start it

after turnen it off and i woundnt start i tryed for like 20min ..after 20min i gave it a lil gas with the pettel and

it started ..my freind said it could be the distrbuter...i dont want to just change it not bein for sure :help:

i would pull a spark plug and touch the bottom of it to metal somewheres and have some one turn it over, there should be a noticeable spark, if there is i would check your fuel pressure, if your getting weak pressure i would look into a fuel filter, if your getting no pressure i would replace the fuel pump and filter, could be a ton of things, are you getting a check engine light? good luck :thumbsup:

check the main relay.Those are notorious for failing .Especially on a hot day with the windows rolled up .

I'd aim for that .Its located under the dash way up in there on driver side.Its Grey colored looking relay that says "MITSUBA " .

crxtacy its funny you say it would fail on a hot day cuz it allways happens on hot day ....and no the check engine light is not on...so the car just died today it was hot and i was driven slow put it in 2nd and it started to stall so i took it out and the car died on me i got in to a parking spot and tryed to start it and it just wont start....its at the danm bank still.. i just spent 300 on a new header and stuff.i was thinkin the car was fine but no .....thats what i get for thinkin

well i finlly got some time to work on the car yesterday and its not the fuel pump ....it was the distrbuter...so after changing it out the car fired right up ..so that problem is out of the way now..and today i put my new header on ... thanks for the help everyone

Archived