noobish question

DnLdUdE12

i jus got my bro's 97 accord and i was wonderin how to make it accelerate faster ( without spending a million dollars, if there even is a way to do that without spendin that much ) it accelerates nicely in the upper speeds (40 +) but in the lower speeds its just painful. i really dont know much about cars except basic repair so yeah any help would be cool.

Trim he means LX/DX/EX. For instance, my accord is an LX, which is usually considered "standard" options. DX is less and EX is more... There are lots of brands for IHE out there, but I don't know much about the 5th gens, so someone else will have to fill you in. I know I have AEM air intake, and am looking into DC header, and I haven't decided on an exhaust (I'm lazy and picky about what I get)...

trim is the level your car has, base model and up. not sure what the levels are on the accord, maybe LE, or LS or something i dunno.

for intake check out AEM

for a header check out DC sports

and exhaust, Greddy or Tanabe to get you started

trim is the level your car has, base model and up. not sure what the levels are on the accord, maybe LE, or LS or something i dunno.

Accord trim follows the standard DX/LX/EX, and there should be a Special Edition (or SE model) for one year of the 5th gens, although I'm not sure which.

• 1 month later...

Not to be facetious, but you can add an instant horsepower to any Honda with $0.00 (zero dollars) by removing the Air Conditioning belt, AC compressor, Power Steering belt, PS compressor. Then you can lighten up the car for $0.00 (zero dollars) by removing the interior with the exception of the driver seat.

Roll your windows up to reduce drag and your halfway to raceday.

Honda is not Porsche, keep it stock and wash the hell out of it (keep it clean).

Archived