New but not un-enformed

Chopstix

My name is Mike. I'm not completely stupid when it comes to cars i know what some stuff is, but i would love some help. I just got a 2007 Honda Accord with the vtec 3.0 lt v-6. I am looking to make it go very fast( without nitrous). I'm thinking a supercharger. Does anyone have any ideas. Please let me know. Brand names website ect. Anything helps. Thanks alot. I look forward to being a member of this forum.

_Chopstix_

My name is Mike. I'm not completely stupid when it comes to cars i know what some stuff is, but i would love some help. I just got a 2007 Honda Accord with the vtec 3.0 lt v-6. I am looking to make it go very fast( without nitrous). I'm thinking a supercharger. Does anyone have any ideas. Please let me know. Brand names website ect. Anything helps. Thanks alot. I look forward to being a member of this forum.

_Chopstix_

i wouldnt jump to a super charger just yet. imo air flow is more inportant...exhaust, headr, and intake for starters.

i wish i could see ur face when u price out a super charger...1st :o then :unsure:

what are super charges for ur car running for???

I agree... Increase your air flow first and see how you like it, then start looking at the next steps IMO. That V6 is running around 220-230hp stock I believe, is that right? Is it a 6-speed :drool: or an auto :crazy: ? There aren't as many people floating around here with the 7th gen that I know of, but I'm sure if you look at some V6's from the 6th and 5th gens, you might get some alternative ideas before you jump to supercharger...

I am greatful for al of your imput but i really have my heart set on a supercharger like i wann run a 5.9-6.5 sec 0-60 and ad far as money goes. Well i have no obligation at teh time and have been saving for a reallly long time for this project. Could you tell me where i could get the air intake part you recomended.

Chopstix

I am greatful for al of your imput but i really have my heart set on a supercharger like i wann run a 5.9-6.5 sec 0-60 and ad far as money goes. Well i have no obligation at teh time and have been saving for a reallly long time for this project. Could you tell me where i could get the air intake part you recomended.

Chopstix

actually it's 244hp. and those times arent that fast for what you want. if youve been saving for this for a really long time, you should know more about building it up. you dont even know what an intake is, thats the cheapest, easiest bolton.

^^^whoa beautiful accord man

I don't think they make superchargers for the newer accords, at least not yet.....

thanks man :D though i need some new shots of the recently installed oem window visors and authentic mugen grill.

I need window visors too :)

Drop a H22 in there?

If not, H23 block, H22 head, sleeve, boost.

FTW.

yep, lsd 5spd jdm spec h22a. i wouldnt call her a SiR if i couldnt back it up ;) i see your in the "dub c". my girl is moving there sometime in june to live with my bros girl as roommates. so when that happens, ill be rollin around there regularly. thats only 15 miles from where i live.

• 4 weeks later...
i wouldnt jump to a super charger just yet. imo air flow is more inportant...exhaust, headr, and intake for starters.

i wish i could see ur face when u price out a super charger...1st :o then :unsure:

what are super charges for ur car running for???

Chopstix

Have your heart set on a SC all you want. Without some sort of dreams or goals all of our cars would still be stock. Everyone hear knows the look you get when you tell someone that isn't into cars that you have a modified honda/acura. Well, you're getting that same look from other honda/acura owners right now for some reason. Don't let them talk you out of it, let it be a challenge to accomplish it. Just don't jump straight to it without doing an assload of research first.

If you bolt the SC on without the I/H/E on the car you will likely only realize a fraction of the potential of the SC. Without the additional airflow you will just be choking it all the time. Heck, after you bolt on the I/H/E you might already have realized the performance level you were looking for, without dropping several grand on a SC.

Archived