i need more power

jolleyjoe

so im lookin for more power ive got an intake and a header down pipe test pipe and a catback....im goin to get a underdrive pully this week ....but i want more power ..i live in an emissons free area or smog free area ..so i can get away with alot...maybe a new honda or sti ..i just got a pay rise..but im still lookin for more bolt-ons..any ideas

so you want power eh. look at an h22 swap for your accord. then possibly a turbo. But before all of that, try a new intake manifold and throttle body.

ya i know two differant kind of car but .so. i make 35K a year with only 500 a month for bills so ..i dont know what to do ....maybe a h22 swap are there any posts on how to do it ? and i allready have a good motor ...do i just thorw it away or sell it? how much fun is a sti ?

ya i know two differant kind of car but .so. i make 35K a year with only 500 a month for bills so ..i dont know what to do ....maybe a h22 swap are there any posts on how to do it ? and i allready have a good motor ...do i just thorw it away or sell it? how much fun is a sti ?

sti's are hella fun. i drove my friends for a day, its insane. handles nicely, and unlike alot of people on here, i thought it was quite comfortable. I would probly sell the motor. im sure there are a few posts on how to do it. just do a search. its not that hard to do an h22 swap. axles, ecu, wiring harness, motor, tranny, mounts, ect

YOU COULD ALWAYS UPGRADE TO AN H22 WHICH WILL GIVE YOU MORE POWER BUT I THINK YOUR BETTER OFF TRYING TO FIND AN F20... ITS A LIL BIT MORE POWERFUL AN LESS HAVE THAN THE H22.... ITS PRETTY HARD TO GET ONE THOUGH... BUT IF U WANT TO KEEP YOUR STOCK ENGINE AND BUILD THAT I WOULD RECOMMEND POWER STEERING PULLEY,ALTERNATOR PULLEY,UNDERDRIVE PULLEY AND YOUR CAM... YOU'LL GET A LOT MORE HORSE POWER AND A LOT BETTER TORQUE.

• 1 month later...

In looking at your threads, you have several problems:

"what are my limits" & “super charger”

Your burning oil and have compression problems. Pressure test your cylinders and then go about isolating your faulty valve for the oil.

“i need more power”

Under drive pulleys reduce the radius of your crankshaft pulley. This reduces the amount of resistance your accessories place on your engine, but also increases the rpm at which all your components spin. This causes stress on your accessory components, i.e. premature failure of your alternator, power steering, air conditioning. Additionally, underdrive pulleys (if not modified Honda OEM parts) will lack the rubber core the OEM piece has. This rubber core protects your crank shaft and the bearing that hold it in place.

“breaks”

You have air in break system. You need to bleed the system and check for pressure in the same fashion you discovered the original problem. If you have not damaged your master cylinder, you should be fine. If not, replace the master cylinder and do not forget to bench bleed the system first.

“tail lights”

If you’re burning oil and your breaks are no good, do not buy new tail lights. You have more important things to sink you money into; like making sure your Accord continues to: go forward and stop (in that order).

Archived