Accord Engine Codes, how to fix?

EkS

Hey guys I have a 1995 Accord V6. I have two codes:

P0118 Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor Circuit High Input

P0141 Secondary Heated Oxygen Sensor (Secondary HO2S) (Sensor 2) Heater Circuit Malfunction

What do those mean, and how can I fix them? Also, can these be related to the car not starting sometimes. I sit there and crank and it doesn't turn on, sometimes it even turns off while I'm driving. I already replaced the main relay, and the fuel filter but that did not help. Any ideas? What does the fuel pressure have to be at?

I just bought the car about 2 weeks ago. I got the car with the light on already, but it was running.

You probably need a new Coolant Temp Sensor. As long as your car isn't really overheating, that should fix your problem as far as it not starting. I don't know for sure if your car does this, but some won't let them start if the coolant temp is too high, and if the sensor is bad, it could be reporting off the wall numbers. As far as the O2 sensor, well, you probably need a new one of those as well. Make sure you replace the correct one though.

Archived