My Build

lifemalfunction

I used my wiring harness from the z6, and now I can't find the O2 sensor on the exhaust mani, or the map sensor at all. On the Z6 it was mounted right on the throttle body near the TPS.

It's a JDM B16A, does anyone know where the MAP sensor is on it?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is where the map sensor hooks up to.

IMG_6847.jpg

This is where the big line is on yours, I have an evap purge solenoid since my car was OBD2, you will not. Yours should go straight down in between 2 of the runners for the IM through a little plastic connector you have down there..

IMG_6848.jpg

This is where that big vaccuum line goes. To a vaccuum canister on the firewall.

IMG_6857.jpg

Intake manifold to Fuel Pressure Regulator.

IMG_6854.jpg

I capped this nipple on the very top of the intake manifold off.

IMG_6855.jpg

And lastly, do you have one of these on the bottom of your hood? Gives you a vaccuum diagram, yours wont have that purge solenoid, once again.

IMG_6858.jpg

And the Big nipple on the bag of the intake mani goes to your brake booster.

3423662.jpeg\

As far as I got by myself today. The brake rotors were giving me a lot of trouble so I just kinda did some small things.

Tomorrow it should hopefully, hopefully be done. might have to drill the heads of the screws for the rotors off... then just shift linkage, O2 sensor extend, double check everything, fluid up, and crank it.

Success! It started today. We had to swap the D series Dizzy parts into the B series Dizzy. After that, it fired right up first crank! :D

One last picture. I'm just waiting on a throttle cable bracket from Daniel, and I'll be cruisin' around again! :D

8173417.jpeg

All finished up.

I don't imagine I'll put down some impressive numbers, but I'm really enjoying the hell out of it.

And that's all that really matters lol.

I/H/E, 70 shot, some suspension tweaks and a tune ..

You'll enjoy the hell outta' life.

Or just boost it LOL.

lol.. not everyone wants that much power, benny boy.

Okay then, Billy Bob.

Then again, the word POWER shouldn't be used in reference to ANY form of B16.

Archived