Need a liitle input before dropping 2 grand

Kegger

threadjack time: if someone is selling a full coilover suspension setup I would like to call dibs if its for sale!

BTW, I think the wheels are da bomb. Personally, I am not a fan of wheels with a wide lip, I like the flush look.

Those rims on an EJ6 are >*.

However...I'd like to see them on a black sol. Should look pretty damn good with that lip.

And, I was pretty confident that John's car didn't have KYB's..because no one would've been mentioning body roll if they'd set those shocks up as hard as they'd go.

coilovers are always a better idea than springs/shocks.

that is a very bold statement.

coilovers generally handle better, but they are expensive, and what if you want a near-stock ride?

who wants a near stock ride height?

your sig is too big.

people who don't want to spend a grand on a new coilover system; someone like me who lives in the middle of nowhere on roads that are crap when completely dry, not to mention being able to still drive my car in winter when there is 6" of snow on the ground; people who don't like the stiffer ride and enjoy stock soft and squishiness; and on and on....

Stop thinking in absolutes be more open minded. There is a time and a place for both types.

then this doesnt apply to you.

if someone wants crap stock suspension, then have at it, but when lowering a car, full coilovers is a better choice.

Now you have it, sort of.... be one with the car love!

sorry, just not feeling the gold

aluminum colored, maybe body color with the chrome or polished lip, but every time I see the gold rims the first thing I think of is innercity gangbanger

btw, with the gold being a special limited release color how are you going to find a set on-demand?

alright, first off if you get those ugly ass wheels you wont have to wory about dan killin you. ill do it personally. and im probibly a little better at it. second i know how you are al about tein, but if you want the handalin that i know you want, your better off with ksport pro "$$$$$$" or go with the skunk 2 pro series coilovers. the tein coilovers that have been manufactured latley seem to be havin a problem with blowin the main seal that keeps the gas in the shock. thats the only reason i didnt get them for the rsx i got the hks hypermax rs. :drool:

Function and form coilovers are way better than Ksport.

robearracing has a package deal with Skunk 2 bronze or silver RLCAs, Camber kit and front a arms with the Full coilover set for 1150.

Save money and have a kickass setup.

that's what i'll be doing.

i was looking at the tein flex or the mono flex. yes they are super adjustable, but are you really going to be screwing with damper bound and rebound? what you have to look at is spring rate, not just how stiff the shock is. the last thing you want is a super stiff spring and a softer shock and go bouncing down the road. the tiens are super stiff, which doesnt help with the pillowball upper mounts. and by stiff i mean about 2-3x's stiffer then an s2000. theyre made for roads in japan. not our pot hole filled crap ones. i have the koni/ground control set up with 450lbs (8kg/mm)front and 500 (9kg/mm) rear springs. thats stiff as hell and i barely drive my car on the street. i dont think i could deal with it as a dd. if you want something good i would reccomed that. i only say that because thats what most of the hondas i autox with use and thats a lot of what you see in honda challenge. so its not just MY oppinion. if you want the coilovers rock. go for it. more power to you. just do some research on what people say who have them. and dont limit yourself to just tein. also, id stay away from cheaper set ups. most of them are steal. and steal rusts. look for aluminum. if you have the money, i would go with the toda/fightex fine sport. of course your looking to drop about $2300. but they are totally worth it. so get what you want man, chances are youll be happier that way anyhow. and if you dont like it, you can always sell them and try something else.

and for handling, try looking at other things too like bushings, control arms, sway bars, etc.

oh yea and sorry for the novel.

i was looking at the tein flex or the mono flex. yes they are super adjustable, but are you really going to be screwing with damper bound and rebound? what you have to look at is spring rate, not just how stiff the shock is. the last thing you want is a super stiff spring and a softer shock and go bouncing down the road. the tiens are super stiff, which doesnt help with the pillowball upper mounts. and by stiff i mean about 2-3x's stiffer then an s2000. theyre made for roads in japan. not our pot hole filled crap ones. i have the koni/ground control set up with 450lbs (8kg/mm)front and 500 (9kg/mm) rear springs. thats stiff as hell and i barely drive my car on the street. i dont think i could deal with it as a dd. if you want something good i would reccomed that. i only say that because thats what most of the hondas i autox with use and thats a lot of what you see in honda challenge. so its not just MY oppinion. if you want the coilovers rock. go for it. more power to you. just do some research on what people say who have them. and dont limit yourself to just tein. also, id stay away from cheaper set ups. most of them are steal. and steal rusts. look for aluminum. if you have the money, i would go with the toda/fightex fine sport. of course your looking to drop about $2300. but they are totally worth it. so get what you want man, chances are youll be happier that way anyhow. and if you dont like it, you can always sell them and try something else.

and for handling, try looking at other things too like bushings, control arms, sway bars, etc.

oh yea and sorry for the novel.

have you been to japan? the roads suck.

they're hilly, bumpy, crapty all over.

the only good roads are the wangan which is like the autobahn with a speed limit.

well i dont know where the hell you were, i was in kyushu. oh yea, if you cant tell i have been to japan. the roads dont suck. like i said, i dont know where you were, but where i was, the roads were great. did you get the wangan from tokyo extreme racer?

Archived