What're you guys doing for your dad on Father's day?

Ben.

don't give up! I can see that he is still trying to work at you guys' relationship...he was trying to do something nice for you with the whole car buying thing...see, if you continuously not like what a man does for you and complain, even though he keeps trying to make u happy, he will give up eventually and just not try anymore! correct me you guys if I'm wrong...but that's my understanding of men...Men are different and women are different...

appreciate what he does for you and thank him and little by little you two will have a better relationship focus on the good stuff of his and do nice things for him too he is your dad and in life, family is what you got most of the time!

I'm not saying I'm an expert at relationships, but hey, I made my parents sit and talked to them for a long time when they were about to get a divorce (I was 20 years old then)...they are started to work at it and they are much happier and spend a lot of time with eachother going out and having fun and they went to Europe (I see that as a second honeymoon) and they always go out and take weekend vacations with relatives or by themselves

the only reason he even bought me a car is so that he can get rid of me asap. he really doesnt want me living with him, which is fine- im moving out next week sometime anyway (which means i'll be without the net for a while). but in this area its almost impossible to get a job without having a car- there's no other really reliable mode of transport. so mostly, its just so that i can get a job, and get out. I've tried concentrating on the "good" things hes done for so many years- but he'll never do anything good without some nasty backlash or underlying motive. ive learned that one the hard way too many times. everything "good" ive ever had, has either come from my mother or her family, and he's always been quick to take it off me and use it for himself. some people are just born with the destiny of being nasty, mean, cantankerous folk their whole lives & hes one of those people. I'm so glad my mother finally divorced him- since i was about 6 years old, I've been practically begging her to. Its just a shame that after 20-odd years of hell that he put her through, she gets absolutely nothing.

Nothing, considering I haven't spoken to him in almost a decade.

Usually we'll have dinner or lunch or something with my brother, but he moved to Florida a couple of months ago.

damagedporcelain, it sucks...sorry...

oh and another thing I did for fathers' day, I didn't stay out too late for the few days so he wouldn't be worried and then get all mad and tell me I should be home at 11! lol

I'm soon going to move out again because it's time...I'm old enough lol :)

I'm already moved out. Even at the young age of 19.

I always told my mom I wasn't going to be hanging around her ass after I was eighteen. Took my getting a fulltime job with a ton of overtime to do it..

But yea, it got done.

i am moved out.. im 18.. i live with my brother with no rent..

Navy pays for me to stay in a 5000 dollar per month apartment.

dad's just a dork but sorry for your dad and the dwi jail stuff.. hope it gets better.

i am moved out.. im 18.. i live with my brother with no rent..

Navy pays for me to stay in a 5000 dollar per month apartment.

dad's just a dork but sorry for your dad and the dwi jail stuff.. hope it gets better.

Um, wow.

Nice to know the Navy's being reamed from behind.

DC per diem rate is pretty high.. 198 per day..

this apt is only like 165 per day.

bill is about 4700 dollars/ month.

fully furnished.. i'll take pics in another thread.

Jesus CHRIST.

Archived