95 New Stage 3 Clutch won't engage

AaronMc

I was hoping someone in here could help me. I'm really stuck.

I just replaced my worn out clutch on my 95 EX. The old one was slipping, but would work somewhat. Anyway, I put in a Stage 3 ACT kit, along with a new flywheel. Everything worked fine; it reversed out of the drive nicely, but that was it. The shifter would go into all the gears, the clutch pedal would go in and out, but something was not engaging.

By the way, we replaced the tranny at the same time (the original had blown the spider gears). When we tried everything we could think of, we got another replacement and changed it again.

Also, we put the old clutch and pressure plate back in (with the new flywheel) and everything engaged fine. Then, when we put the new one back in, we had the engagement issues again.

One more thing. The new setup will engage when the tranny is about 1 inch from the engine, then, when we push it all the way in, the wheel won't turn the engine and vice versa.

Thanks

Aaron

Archived