Navigation Problem on startup

Mr Sauceman

I recently had a little work done to my 04 Accord Coupe at a Honda dealer. They had to disconnect the battery to do it. When they were done, the tech took it upon himself to pull out the Nav system to find the serial number and get the radio code for me. Not only did he give me the wrong code anyway (another story), but now everytime I start my car the Nav has no idea where I am. It starts me somewhere in the western time zone and I live in the eastern. The time is 3 hours early for about a minute and then finally the map and the time realize they are not in the west and correct themselves. If I try to get directions before they correct themselves, I wind up with horribly wrong directions. This never used to happen. Whenever I started my car, it would know exactly where I was.

So far, I've unhooked the battery and reentered my NAV code and let it aquire the GPS signal again. I've done this 4 or 5 times. This does not fix the problem.

Does anyone know what is going on here or what I can do to fix this? Any help is much appreciated! :crazy:

i have a 03 coupe and i have the nav package also. when i first got my car i had the same problem and im not all to famiar with the 04 but if it is the same as the 03 nav sysem then all you need to do is look in ur trunk and open the dvd rom box. take out the disc wait about 5 mins while the car is on and put the disc back in. it will boot it self back up and ask you for ur exact location time zone and date and all that good stuff. if that dosent work try and call the help line number in ur manual there the ones that fixed mine. as far as the radio code most deals put the code in the back of the manual. good luck

i have a 03 coupe and i have the nav package also. when i first got my car i had the same problem and im not all to famiar with the 04 but if it is the same as the 03 nav sysem then all you need to do is look in ur trunk and open the dvd rom box. take out the disc wait about 5 mins while the car is on and put the disc back in. it will boot it self back up and ask you for ur exact location time zone and date and all that good stuff. if that dosent work try and call the help line number in ur manual there the ones that fixed mine. as far as the radio code most deals put the code in the back of the manual. good luck

Hey. I tried what you suggested and it didn't work. I left the disc out for something like 7 minutes with the car running. Then I put it back in and it booted up just like normal and didn't ask me any of the stuff you said. Did I forget a step or is there anything else I can try?

Also, I do not have the manual for this car. I bought it used and they didn't have the manual. Can you give me the help number? Is it a NAV help number or like a general Honda help number?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived