How rough is fuel cut-off?

AccordHEART

I know hitting fuel cut-off isn't exactly healthy. But I've been doing it daily in my 1995 Accord(F22B2) for like...a couple of months. Hahaha. I suppose I just want an excuse for a new car or a swap. But it seems to be taking the beating extremely well. The motor was completely rebuilt about 70k miles ago and still runs, amazingly. I was just curious as to how rough this is on the motor, I know fuel cut-off is put there for protection for misshifts but it doesn't really seem to be doing any damage to my car at all. Let me know your opinion on how much of a retard I am, and the kinds of things that might go wrong with the car if any do. The car redlines at 6250 and fuel cut-off is at about 7000. I know you can have valve/piston contact, but what are the chances of this occurring?

... The car redlines at 6250 and fuel cut-off is at about 7000...

that doesn't feel like fuel cut-out. it sounds more like a rev-limiter. if it were fuel cut-of you'd know it.

as for valve/piston contact thats if the timing belt broke or jumped a few teeth

that doesn't feel like fuel cut-out. it sounds more like a rev-limiter. if it were fuel cut-of you'd know it.

as for valve/piston contact thats if the timing belt broke or jumped a few teeth

redline is fuel cutoff.

unfortunatly i dont get on AIM anymore, my phone doesnt have it, frackin pda. easiest way is to text or call. speakin of which my phone reset itself the other week and i lost your number dylan, send me a text or pm and i'll hit you up next time im out

Archived