92 Accord EX- engine swap?

casey91civic

Alright, I have a 92 Accord EX with a F22A6 in it with a 5 spd. tranny. I have been researching about doing a possible motor swap or just building the stock one that is in it. I have looked into the H22A and the F20B but can't seem to tell much of a difference between the two. I drove a 95 Prelude SH the other day with a H22 non-vtech with a cold air intak, DC sports header, and Apex'i catback; and to tell you the truth it is not much faster than my accord. So that made me think that maybe my car might actually have some potential with the F22A6 that is in it. Also I have heard rumors about weight issues when doing a swap when it comes to the axles holding up to the extra power/weight? So is their any justice to doing a swap or not? If so then what way would be the best? Also have any of you heard of a swap that involves a CRV block and a B16 head that is supposedly at 220 horse without any building to the bottom or top end? I have been told that this is one of the best swaps to do with a accord of my year because of the weight issues. But I would appreciate any help or opinions about this?

Also if anyone is in need of a D16Z6 head or 5 spd. tranny hit me up. These are taking up valuable space in the garage and I need to get rid of them fast!

• 2 years later...

you kno i don't cause i was told hat my f22a1 was a good on to build off of but the some say it is no good to do but from what i was told tha just bout on all honda's motors u can sawp out but if any one who kno bout the f22a1 le me kno cause i would like to kno to what would b the best way to go.

Alright, I have a 92 Accord EX with a F22A6 in it with a 5 spd. tranny. I have been researching about doing a possible motor swap or just building the stock one that is in it. I have looked into the H22A and the F20B but can't seem to tell much of a difference between the two. I drove a 95 Prelude SH the other day with a H22 non-vtech with a cold air intak, DC sports header, and Apex'i catback; and to tell you the truth it is not much faster than my accord. So that made me think that maybe my car might actually have some potential with the F22A6 that is in it. Also I have heard rumors about weight issues when doing a swap when it comes to the axles holding up to the extra power/weight? So is their any justice to doing a swap or not? If so then what way would be the best? Also have any of you heard of a swap that involves a CRV block and a B16 head that is supposedly at 220 horse without any building to the bottom or top end? I have been told that this is one of the best swaps to do with a accord of my year because of the weight issues. But I would appreciate any help or opinions about this?

Also if anyone is in need of a D16Z6 head or 5 spd. tranny hit me up. These are taking up valuable space in the garage and I need to get rid of them fast!

Don't take this the wrong way, but you have a lot to learn so listen up. There was no SH model prelude in 1995. It was either a VTEC trim, an Si trim or an S trim. There was no no-VTEC H22, only a non-VTEC H23 in the Prelude Si, which only has 160hp, and the 135ph S trim. That said, I've no idea what car you rode in. The Prelude VTEC trim is WAY faster than your Accord, by at least 3 seconds in the quarter mile, which is huge. Stock axles can more than handle that power. In fact I know turboed guys running 11s in the quarter and pushing over 600whp using stock axles. H22 is the best, most affordable swap for your Accord. It has more torque than a F20b and the same HP, which is better for the heavier Accord.

Archived