Some probz

SIR_VTEC

Alright well I was working on a friends new hand me down 90 accord EX. Well its been sitting at his sisters house since last Nov. so we cleaned it out and heres the results:

~Engine shakes some what bad

~Car turns over and once gas is given car just dies

~There was some oil in cylinder 1, 3, and 4....so obviously the valve cover gasket is going to need to be replaced and the head gasket soon enough.

~We changed the spark wires & plugs

~Added completely new gas after taking out the old.

So what may be the problem? maybe injectors are bad?

Mine wouldn't first start after sitting forever because the alternator had seized. She would turn and kick, but the huge drag on the motor from the belt not spinning would just make it die right off. I cut the belt and she fired right up after sitting for 2+ years.

Just make sure all the accessories are spinning right. Simple thing to forget about.

no squealing or burning cause the motor would turn 2-3 times, fire then immediately die. It never ran long enough.

Disconnect the fuel line after the filter and pump and turn it over to see if you are pumping. Just make sure to catch the gas in a jar. no need to waste good gas.

can you put it in gear and have it idle forward/backward at all? like cranny said i would check the firing order. other thing it makes me think of is if the timing was off.

Incorrect. My first timing belt change on the del sol I had to do it three times to get it right. All three times it would run, it just ran like crap. Luckily I didn't damage anything.

Well there are no codes being thrown up i hooked up my OTC sensor and it wasnt throwing anything to me, but even when i put it in gear it still would die if i try to add gas it just died...so yea im thrown off, never had this problem before. The timing is fine the car starts, and the firing order is correct because i read up online and asked questions, the firing order from clockwise is 1,3,4,2...so thats right, but im thinking it my be the fuel filter or injectors, but not 100% sure.

take a look at the fuel lines and filter, it is extremely likely that because it had been sitting without use for so long that they could have become clogged and when you throttle up it simply bogs out and dies because its not getting enough gas to cause a reaction wiht the increased air flow...

Cranny: Nah none of that stuff was taken off, I only replaced the spark plugs and wires, I did have the wires in the wrong firing order but I figured that out and put them on correctly....im going to check the fuel filter & fuel line and see if there's any crap in there.

Archived