Dome light won't come on and no sound on radio

susej

My dome light won't come on and my radio has no sound - the radio is showing a station, but no sound is coming from the speakers. Then, out of the blue, the radio sound will start playing then back off again. And now, the needles on my guages are not showing up at night - the guage is lit, but the needle can't be seen.

you prob have a burnt bulb behind your gauge cluster.

as far as your radio, if it gets cut off and on like that, most likely you have a loose wire behind your radio somewhere. If you can take it out and examine it from behind, that would prob fix it. Give that a shot and see.

to change the bulb on your dome light, you just pop that semi clear plastic piece off. and then pull the bulb right out, might need to twist. there should be a little notch for a flat head screw driver in the clear plastic part. thats how it is on mine anyway. check for screws first before you start prying things out. what you might want to consider is buying a haynes manual for your car. it tells you how to take apart absolutley everything on your car, and put it back together

to change the bulb on your dome light, you just pop that semi clear plastic piece off. and then pull the bulb right out, might need to twist. there should be a little notch for a flat head screw driver in the clear plastic part. thats how it is on mine anyway. check for screws first before you start prying things out. what you might want to consider is buying a haynes manual for your car. it tells you how to take apart absolutley everything on your car, and put it back together

Ok, will do. What about changing the bulb in guage cluster?

i havnt taken out a cluster from an accord, but its probably all the same. you might have to remove some trim pieces, there will be a bunch of screws. but if you get a haynes manual it will show you where everything is with pictures

What would cause the radio lights to come on but not play? In fact, if you keep the radio on while driving it will eventually come on and then go back off. I pulled it out and cannot find wire that is bad or not connected well. This is a factory radio and cd player. I checked the fuse under the hood and it was fine. Funny thing is, the lighter will not work and the dome light will not work.

Can I take the radio somewhere to have it tested - at least this would tell me if the problem is the radio.

Ok, I have fixed the dome light - blown fuse under the hood. Now, I have a new problem: when I took the radio out to check the connection and/or to have it tested something happened with the turn signals. They will not work, neither in the dash or outside. Keep in mind the radio is still out with all the connectors just dangling. I also pulled out the power antenna because it was not working. What is keeping my turn signals from working?

Ok, got the turn signal thing figured out - if you take out the center piece there is a plug that goes to the flashers, and if you unplug it the turn signals will not work. I had taken it out in order to get the radio out - I did not put it back together because I was getting the radio looked at. Live and learn!

Archived