H22A vs. F20B?

casey91civic

I am getting ready to do a swap on my 92 accord ex and I have it narrowed down to one of two options. The two possibilities are the H22A and the F20B. Are there any real differences between the two motors besides the 13 lb ft of torque. I haven't seen many swaps with a F20B but the ones that I have heard of have all been happy with the results. Does anyone think that I will be dissapointed from getting a F20B instead of the H22A? Because the $1,300.00 price difference is really talking to me right now. Any help would be gladly appreciated. Thanks.

Casey

There are plenty of differences to the right person, H22a has .2 liters more of displacement, if your going for boost H22a has a closed deck as opposed to the F20b with an open deck (weaker sleeves). You will also find it more difficult to find certain parts for the F20b. H22a has a 10.6:1 compression, F20b has an 11:0 compression..

Archived