Starting problem

danielrp

I have a 99 Accord LX and when I start it, it tries to turn over, but it will not start. Sometimes, it will start right up and other times it will not. What is the problem?

I was thinking of changing the spark plugs and if that does not work, I am thinking it may be the fuel pump.

What do you think?

Does it ever cut out while you're driving, or just not start? If it fails while driving, I might lean toward the fuel pump, but if its just while starting, I wouldn't draw that conclusion just yet. It wouldn't hurt to visit Autozone or Advance Auto and have them test your battery and alternator to check them off the list, and then go from there IMO.

Does it ever cut out while you're driving, or just not start? If it fails while driving, I might lean toward the fuel pump, but if its just while starting, I wouldn't draw that conclusion just yet. It wouldn't hurt to visit Autozone or Advance Auto and have them test your battery and alternator to check them off the list, and then go from there IMO.

It never cuts out or tries to while I am driving. Thanks for the tips, I will try that.

Archived