gsr in 92 lx

94typersol

sup hf. a buddy of mine and i are going to put a gsr in a 92 lx.im sure it has been done before but has anybody tryed this swap if so can anybody give us some advice please
there are much better motors worth swapping. dont even say you want to be different. those motors are torqueless wonders, and dont work well with our heavy accords. weight demands torque. i cant say enough how bad this idea is.

While the torque isn't all that high, the torque curve is pretty good on a GSR. Plus a 92 accord doesn't weigh all that much I don't think. That said.....I agree that there are better motors out there to swap into an accord. Go with an F20B or H22A

I am unable to qualify my remarks on this thread with personal experience, but I would venture that the JDM 2 liter twin cam engines should be used as a baseline in selecting an appropriate twin cam engine.

The 1.8 liter GSR engine does not seem to be of the appropriate displacement, IMO.

Just some numbers . . .

1994 Accord 2-door = 3,020 lbs.

1992 Accord 2-door = 2,895 lbs. (only 505 lbs. heavier then a Civic Si Hatchback)

1996 GSR 2-door = 2,667 lbs.

1994 Del Sol VTEC = 2,491 lbs.

1994 Civic Si Hatch = 2,390 lbs.

Then you have to consider that the B18 is a lighter engine the the F22. . .

Plus you are assuming that the car is going to remain stock except for an engine swap, which yes would be sad.

However it will be a 2 seater (racing seats), no back seat or door panels (bare metal), no power locks or windows in the rear, light weight rims, etc.

All this taken into account, it could easily drop 500 lbs. and compete in weight with any hatchback or del sol which both are constantly swapping to GSR's.

And yes i will concede that the H22 has better torque then the B18 (only 28 lbft. more), but at the cost of more weight. However a B series is an easier install and smaller so the engine bay has more room.

And if you say it isnt different, show me one GSR 92 Accord. . .

Thats what is going to be done last but not least.

Its nice to see someone who actually thinks on here, besides My boy in his 94 sol, and airjordan223. . .

Just FYI. . . I am the guy building the 92 Accord Lx, so if anyone has something to say feel free.

if youre worried about the lacking in power, turbocharge it.

So just because we have a different view than you means that we don't think? You're not going to shed 500lbs by dropping that stuff. 200-300 max. Plus an H22 weighs about 40lbs more than the GSR which is hardly any. 28lb/ft throughout the entire band is a lot. Just seems silly to me to swap in a GSR motor/tranny for 3000+ when the same money could get you an H22 swap which will probably be a full second quicker in the 1/4 bone stock.

Doing something different isn't always a better route. If you wanna be different, swap an EW4 into your car....I'd garuntee that's never been done.

But then again, I have a different opinion than you on a forum that you asked for opinions......so obviously I don't know anything.

This thread looks like rock trying to explain to scissors why paper wins.
not even the "mighty" ITR B18C5 would be better than a H22 swap. the H22 is a direct drop in for 4th gen Accords. you can use all four motor mounts. the gsr..not so much.

So just because we have a different view than you means that we don't think? You're not going to shed 500lbs by dropping that stuff. 200-300 max. Plus an H22 weighs about 40lbs more than the GSR which is hardly any. 28lb/ft throughout the entire band is a lot. Just seems silly to me to swap in a GSR motor/tranny for 3000+ when the same money could get you an H22 swap which will probably be a full second quicker in the 1/4 bone stock.

Doing something different isn't always a better route. If you wanna be different, swap an EW4 into your car....I'd garuntee that's never been done.

But then again, I have a different opinion than you on a forum that you asked for opinions......so obviously I don't know anything.

x2

there are much better motors worth swapping. dont even say you want to be different. those motors are torqueless wonders, and dont work well with our heavy accords. weight demands torque. i cant say enough how bad this idea is.

ok how is this swap a bad idea.why is the gsr such a bad engine.what makes the h22 a better swap.the gsr is one of the best motors honda ever put out.some people are acting like the gsr is a bad idea because the h22 has 30 to 40 more torque then the gsr.the 92 91 accords are a light body not even to say the weight were gonna shed by stripping the b!tch of any extra crap we dont need.the gsr going into the accord with be built before it even gets close to the car.and if it wasnt the stock gsr in a accord would be a nice lil car. plus i have never even seen or head of a gsr into a oldschool accord.

Dude.

Pound for pound the H22 is stronger no matter how you look at it.

It doesn't matter if it was one of the best motors ever built, the fact of the matter is it's weaker, and as cheap if not cheaper.

You'd be an even bigger f*cking idiot if you actually went through with b rather than h in that accord.

I heard that putting a prelude motor in the accord is better because the prelude motor has more torque and the accords are lighter than the ludes.I've rode in an accord with a pelude motor and to me you could feel the difference.

Dude.

Pound for pound the H22 is stronger no matter how you look at it.

It doesn't matter if it was one of the best motors ever built, the fact of the matter is it's weaker, and as cheap if not cheaper.

You'd be an even bigger f*cking idiot if you actually went through with b rather than h in that accord.

let me buy you a pint.

Archived