Prelude Reconstruction

bluedemonprelude

Hey ya'll Names steve I'm new to this site but I have worked hondas for going on 5 years. I have and 87 Prelude 2.0 si. I want to drop a GSR b 18 into it. the questions i have are the following?

1) Is the engine swap possible and if it is how much fabs involved.

2) where is a good place to get the engine transmisson and vtec equipment for a good price.

let me know.

peace

I dunno if it is possible. Drop a h22 at least a newer one. It will be easy.

Or at least easier.

Why a b18C1?

If you want the JDM one then hmotorsonline.com is a great place to go. Or just check around the place you live in.

Craigslist has some stuff too.

I would say the B18 is a bad pick. The tilt on the H-series is designed for the low hood profile of the Prelude. If you fab your own mounts, you could incorporate the correct tilt, but as the prior response stated for other reasons, H22 is likely your best candidate.

As far as what is needed, how about the entire donor car, in running condition. You need to gut the Prelude you have down to a shell and start transplanting the donor components over. There may be a simpler way of making changes to your harness to accept the OBD1 donor engine using your OBD0 system, but I am unaware of those changes.

I would say the B18 is a bad pick. The tilt on the H-series is designed for the low hood profile of the Prelude. If you fab your own mounts, you could incorporate the correct tilt, but as the prior response stated for other reasons, H22 is likely your best candidate.

As far as what is needed, how about the entire donor car, in running condition. You need to gut the Prelude you have down to a shell and start transplanting the donor components over. There may be a simpler way of making changes to your harness to accept the OBD1 donor engine using your OBD0 system, but I am unaware of those changes.

But doesnt the gsr have a higher powerband? and isnt the h22 really heavy. yeah I'm going to turbo it ofcourse.

But doesnt the gsr have a higher powerband? and isnt the h22 really heavy. yeah I'm going to turbo it ofcourse.

Keep in mind the H-series has a torque output that meets the requirements of the Prelude chassis it ended up in. The GSR was designed for the curb weight of the Integra.

Your mind is in the right place with regard to chosing a smaller engine to meet your purpose rather than starting with the largest thing that will fit, but you're oversimplifying the selection process by focusing on a narrow set of metrics.

Have you selected a racing class? Will you be in NASA, SCCA Solo I, Solo II, etc.?

Have you selected a racing class? Will you be in NASA, SCCA Solo I, Solo II, etc.?

I dont think he mentioned anything about racing, maybe he is just looking for a dd ?>_<

Anyways none of you guys are thinking of this logically, I gsr swap into an 87 would be a cool swap but keep in mind the 87 preludes tranny is a cable trans and gsr are hydro, your going to have to fab up some kind of shift linkage. Also An 87 prelude is obd0 your going to have to create your own custom wiring harness for either one of these swaps, not something an average joe is going to want to attempt. Also what are you going to do about motor mounts, you might be able to fab some for the gsr swap off of the oem b20 or b21 mounts.

Archived