car dont start

dkzayne

i have a 1992 honda accord ex and after a new ignition module,sparkplugs,spark plug wires,fuel filter,fuel pressure to ensure fuel being delivered,new distributer cap and rotor butten,battery,starter

also my coolant tepeture sensor is broken so my check engine light is on and i dont know if that may affect it

what it does is after the car sits for longer than an hour it will just spin over and spin and even spin some more then after about five minutes of trying it will start and if i turn it off and let it sit for a while it does it again and just spins but if i were to start it right back up it will be fine

thanks zayne

well when i turn the key you hear the main relay which is under the steering column right>? well you can hear it buzz a little then click after about two seconds i just need help i am tired of poring pointless money into my car

wellwhen i turn the key to turn on the lights on the dash on you can hear it go humm for a few seconds then you hear it click then you dont hear from it no more so i guess only one click and might i ask what website i could order a new one from

zayne

no the timing belt looks okay and it is an automatic

and if you are talking about the check engine code it flashes six times which is the coolant tempeture sensor

no the timing belt looks okay and it is an automatic

and if you are talking about the check engine code it flashes six times which is the coolant tempeture sensor

You need to take it up to Duval Honda this Saturday and pay the $40 to solve this one, before you buy anything else.

I figured you might be to busy during the week.

Hopefully they can figure out what is wrong with your car considering you have replaced everything I would imagine to be the source of this type of problem short of a: new fuel pump, combination switch, and positive battery harness.

So I am scratching my head, and have yet to see someone come up with a logical response to your issue.

How do your wires look? Do you have the Helms Service Manual for your car? I could poke around your engine bay and dash, but I am not sure I will be of any help since I am really not familiar with this electronic setup (I had a 3G Accord and now a 5G Accord, but never a 4G). So I really know more about OBD-0 and OBD-II, compared to my knowledge of OBD-I.

yes i am getting spark and i know im getting fuel and for you james the module is inside my distributer and no i havent changed the coil which i do know where it is at

yes i am getting spark and i know im getting fuel and for you james the module is inside my distributer and no i havent changed the coil which i do know where it is at

How do you know you're getting fuel? An engine needs 3 things to run. Fuel, ignition, and compression. If you're positive you've got the first 2, then the 3rd is your problem. I would recheck.

well i know i have compression because when the car spins over you can hear a constant sound and i know what it would sound like if one of the pistons have low compression due to a friend of mines old car so i know i have constant compression

• 2 weeks later...

i have good news guys i got bored today and decided to tinker with my car when i realized my timing and firing order was off so i took all day to fix it and when i got everything put together i went to start it and it was great it started right up

well thank you all for the help

Archived