crashed my car, full coverage, shop half a$$ repaired.

nathanh

some duche almost killed me but in the attempt of missing him i hit black ice, spun out into an embankment. nailed both my front wheels on the dirt wall. k, sent it to the shop, got it back, and not right. i hit hard, like say 60, but in a spin... both front wheels and the rear bumper.

i noticed that it feels like the front cv axle on the driver side is vibrating, or maybe it's the wheel bearings. light humm, vibrations can be felt throught the foot block, and in pedel. almost a grinding. light up to say, 30, but worsens to 50 where it's worst at 60, then tapers off.

my main question is that, is it too crazy to demand them replace both of the axles left and right, along with the bearings? cause to my knowlage any impact to the wheels results in new axles and bearings.

also, thats a lot of velocity, should i take the car to a mechanic to inspect the car completely and try and stick the insurance with the bill + additional repairs?

where ever you took it take it back and just tell them to fix it cause insurance jobs are for sure money and they will fix it if anything is wrong with it

Have to agree.. if the insurence company is paying for it, they will make sure it gets done. They want their money after all....

my main question is that, is it too crazy to demand them replace both of the axles left and right, along with the bearings? cause to my knowlage any impact to the wheels results in new axles and bearings.

also, thats a lot of velocity, should i take the car to a mechanic to inspect the car completely and try and stick the insurance with the bill + additional repairs?

I work in insurance, I handle subrogation recovery but am very familiar with the claims process.

You need to call your adjuster immediately. They may resist your wanting more work on the car without it being established that it is related to the original loss, especially if you did not use the GSR (the body shop they suggested and approved). If you made a big deal over using a shop you trust versus a shop they trust, prepare to have that thrown back in your face, but do not let that phase you.

Offer to set up a reinspection, after teardown if necessary, you may be out of a car for some time, and this can be difficult if you do not have rental coverage or coverage that does not completely cover a rental expense (i.e. a $30/day rental provision when all rentals in your area cost $45/day, not to mention they have the right to deny a rental claim if you have more than one car or they deem the rental need as un-necessary).

Do not let them start a new claim, as you would be responsible for another deductible.

And if they resist, mention that you are starting to feel sore and have been thinking of going to the doctor. But do not mention that right away, keep that as your ace, they pull out check books and start writting when they anticipate a medical claim. If it does come to threats of medical injury, you may be presented with a release when it is time for them to pay. The release will likely contain convoluted legal terms that essentially state, "this is all we are going to pay you for this accident, forever." If you decide to sue them at any point in the future, they will pull your file, get the release, present it to the court and the case will be dismissed without a hearing.

And expect your rates to increase if you do not get cancelled, which they are more than likely to do (cancelling your policy that is). But don't take a cancellation personally, they cancel policies all the time. They can cancel you for moving to a new address simply because their computer does a calculation to assess the risk in insuring you and your address can affect your risk value.

I'll check back on this thread later, let me know what happens.

I work in insurance, I handle subrogation recovery but am very familiar with the claims process.

You need to call your adjuster immediately. They may resist your wanting more work on the car without it being established that it is related to the original loss, especially if you did not use the GSR (the body shop they suggested and approved). If you made a big deal over using a shop you trust versus a shop they trust, prepare to have that thrown back in your face, but do not let that phase you.

Offer to set up a reinspection, after teardown if necessary, you may be out of a car for some time, and this can be difficult if you do not have rental coverage or coverage that does not completely cover a rental expense (i.e. a $30/day rental provision when all rentals in your area cost $45/day, not to mention they have the right to deny a rental claim if you have more than one car or they deem the rental need as un-necessary).

Do not let them start a new claim, as you would be responsible for another deductible.

And if they resist, mention that you are starting to feel sore and have been thinking of going to the doctor. But do not mention that right away, keep that as your ace, they pull out check books and start writting when they anticipate a medical claim. If it does come to threats of medical injury, you may be presented with a release when it is time for them to pay. The release will likely contain convoluted legal terms that essentially state, "this is all we are going to pay you for this accident, forever." If you decide to sue them at any point in the future, they will pull your file, get the release, present it to the court and the case will be dismissed without a hearing.

And expect your rates to increase if you do not get cancelled, which they are more than likely to do (cancelling your policy that is). But don't take a cancellation personally, they cancel policies all the time. They can cancel you for moving to a new address simply because their computer does a calculation to assess the risk in insuring you and your address can affect your risk value.

I'll check back on this thread later, let me know what happens.

Damn, thanks for sharing all of that.. i know what happend next time some dumbass hits me..lol...

Archived