dash and clock lights

geoff

i have a 99 accord ex v6 power the light for the clock floor shifter and milage are burnt out does any one know how to change these also does anyone know what the best spark plugs for my car would be ??

i have a 99 accord ex v6 power the light for the clock floor shifter and milage are burnt out does any one know how to change these also does anyone know what the best spark plugs for my car would be ??

Best spark plugs: NGK, you can get these from Honda.

I don't know what's up with your clock, that doesn't sound like a bulb is burnt, but perhaps yours is different than mine. The 5G and 6G Accords have similar consoles, I imagine their removal is similar too. Here is how to remove the consoles (and get to the bulbs) on the 5G Accord:

TURN YOUR CAR OFF, LET IT SIT FOR 3 MINUTES or you could inadvertently deploy the SRS.

Take out rear console:

Cup holder first, then the little door under the arm rest. Remove 3 screws and then pull up and back (toward the rear seats). The console should come right out.

Take out front console:

Take out your ash tray, then remove 3 screws and pull back and up. There are 6 retainer clips holding the front console in; if the metal part pops off, pull it out and slide it back on the front console.

Remove all switches from the Instrument Panel:

I find it is easier to remove the Steering Column Lower Cover at this point. It is the plastic that is in front of your knees when you are in the driver seat. The Steering Column Lower Cover covers the metallic Driver's Knee Bolster that is bolted behind it. It is only held in by retainer clips, so just pull on it until it pops out. Then you can reach up under the Instrument Panel and push the switches from behind. Remove the Moonroof/Cruise Control switch, Dash Brightness controller, and the Rear Defogger switch.

Take out Instrument Panel:

Remove the 6 screws holding it in: 1 behind the Moonroof/Cruise Control switch, 1 behind the Dash Brightness controller, 2 above the Gauge Assembly, 2 below the A/C Controls.

Now the screws holding in the Gauge Assembly should be obvious, the bulbs come out with a half-turn.

Take out rear console:

Cup holder first, then the little door under the arm rest. Remove 3 screws and then pull up and back (toward the rear seats). The console should come right out.

This should be pretty accurate for the center console. Pull straight up on cup holder to remove, Then pry up the rest of the center part. That's all. I can't help you on a bulb there though, because I have a 5-speed (FTW!) so I've got no center console lighting.

For your clock, just pry it out. That's all. There is nothing holding it in in the 6th gen but clips.

For the instrument panel, there's either 2 or 3 screws in the bevel (I think 2). Remove those and pry carefully. Then the guage cluster is held in by 4 screws, pretty much one on each corner. Pretty easy. There are 4 lights I believe (or maybe 6) on the instrument panel for lighting it up, so figure out which one you need and that's it. Pretty easy.

Bosch makes good spark plugs as well. There is a rebate available on the Bosch website right now for plugs (a dollar or two per plug, depending on which ones you buy) which I did last time I replaced my plugs (beginning of January.)

This should be pretty accurate for the center console. Pull straight up on cup holder to remove, Then pry up the rest of the center part. That's all. I can't help you on a bulb there though, because I have a 5-speed (FTW!) so I've got no center console lighting.

For your clock, just pry it out. That's all. There is nothing holding it in in the 6th gen but clips.

For the instrument panel, there's either 2 or 3 screws in the bevel (I think 2). Remove those and pry carefully. Then the guage cluster is held in by 4 screws, pretty much one on each corner. Pretty easy. There are 4 lights I believe (or maybe 6) on the instrument panel for lighting it up, so figure out which one you need and that's it. Pretty easy.

Bosch makes good spark plugs as well. There is a rebate available on the Bosch website right now for plugs (a dollar or two per plug, depending on which ones you buy) which I did last time I replaced my plugs (beginning of January.)

THANK YOU I WILL LOOK AT THAT RIGHT AWAY

Archived