2003 Accord fuel sensor problem

serge

Guys, I own two 2003 Accords, sedan and coupe (one mine and one my wife's). both of them have exactly the same problem. I have a difficult time when filling up and my engine light came on with a " fuel sensor fault". Does anyone has any sudgestions how to fix this problem?

Try clearing the code and see if the code repeats itself. If injector cleaner like the Chevron Tectron will also clean sulfur buildup on the fuel sensor in the tank as well as clean the fuel pump. BG44K fuel additive is even more potent. You can try one of those to see if it fixes your problem. Other then that the car should be diagnosed to be sure where the problem is. Codes for the most part give you the information for the system where there is a problem, but the cause of the code may not always be the part. Sometimes it is something like a wiring problem or something else. Sulfur in fuel is BAD for the pump and the fuel sensor, so starting with a simple cleaning would be in my mind a good, simple, and relatively cheap place to start.

Archived